Trump

mlurye

Welcome, New2NO. I don't know if the sales center is officially open yet, but a friend of mine who works on the 25th floor of the Pan Am Life Building told me today that the Trump folks had moved into their offices. This is very positive news.

By the way, it appears that the Trump organization is finally starting to advertise for the New Orleans project. Several news releases have been issued regarding the Trump Hotel Collection. The New Orleans project is in the list of future hotels. Trump Hotel Collection story

I see they are still listing a 2010 completion date...How long will it take to build?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any new renderings of Trump? That's something I have been really looking forward to. I remember hearing that the Trump people were going to release some renderings of the New Orleans skyline with Trump Tower included, but haven't seen anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason a tower can be put up faster here in New Orleans or other areas than what seems normal is weather. Once foundation work is put in there is little to delay highrise construction. Up north there can be more delays because of extreme cold weather!

Per WDSU tv in N.O., pre-sales have exceeded pre-construction goals by 300% according to the sales manager for the project. The story ran on Friday's 10pm broadcast. They also reported that the building is a definite and will break ground in "early 2008". First move-ins will be 2 years from the start of construction.

This is the first confirmation I have ever seen on this project. Great news for N.O.

I completely missed the story on WDSU which is somewhat annoying. Even more annoying, however, is the fact that it's not on their website. Makes me appreciate the fact that WWL uploads every one of their stories to their website so you can watch it if you miss it on TV.

Things seem to be looking good for the Trump project right now. I thought it was all but doomed in the months where we heard nothing about the project and passed proposed construction start dates with no progress anywhere. But it really seems like it's picking up some steam right now, and it's great to know that national and even international advertising campaigns will start next year. I'm still looking forward to seeing some new renderings! :D

Do we know what the height is with the extra floors?

I'd imagine if an extra two floors really are added, we'd be looking at an extra 25-30 feet. You know the higher levels of the tower will have residencies with high ceilings, and you have to add the ~2 feet of room for things like plumbing between the floors. If that is the case, we'd be looking at a height of about 870 feet. :thumbsup:

Trump Tower New Orleans is now saying they will not break ground until sometime next summer of 08. They first said the 1st quarter of 07, then June, then September, then they have been quoted many times, including two weeks ago on Louisiana Newsmaker, saying ground breaking would be early January of 08. I just got off the phone with them speaking to some lady by the name of Dana. Their sales office opens in January. She said they are still trying to get to the numbers they need. She said the numbers are good, but they are not where they need to be. If anyone read the article last week in New Orleans City Business on the front page about Trump Tower, it's full of quotes from Trump people saying, we hope, we need, we want. Nothing in the article in City Businees saying when the tower would break ground, or if the tower would ever be built. Dana said to me on the phone, " I am from Florida, not from New Orleans, and WE HOPE to bring Trump Tower to the people of New Orleans." I think they are finally starting to be honest with the people who call them and ask about this project. I want it to happen! I know it will be one of the best things that has happened to downtown New Orleans in years, but I will believe it when I see it!!!!

Id be surprised if they started this building before even opening a sales office! That always seemed like bull to me anyway! I think the building will happen; however, i wish theyd cut the condotel part out and just make it hotel space1 That concept doesnt seem to be doing well elsewhere!

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt that we'll see any major projects break ground until after Feb. because there is just too much going on which is good. Mardi Gras and NBA All Star Games.

Does anyone know about the Louisiana Cancer Research Center? It was supposed to break ground in Oct.

Archived