Trump

mlurye

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

In this article in today's TP it states that construction will begin on the Trump Tower when half the units have been sold. Any idea how many they've sold thus far and when that benchmark might be achieved?

:shades:

They have not "sold" any thus far. They do have reservations, though, for 175, at last I heard. And that is without doing any sort of push, i.e., word of mouth, signage, and internet site.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read that article in N.O. CityBusiness, thanks for posting, sgray! I'm really happy to hear that the work on the condotel documents and permits is nearing completion. Hopefully everything really does pan out as they are currently planning it. :thumbsup:

Also, here's the photo of the Trump Tower model that CityBusiness ran in their article. I don't know about you guys, but this is the first rendering of any kind that gives a view of the tower that's different from the "across Poydras" angle we've all seen.

FOCUS%20insider37.jpg

Also, here's the photo of the Trump Tower model that CityBusiness ran in their article. I don't know about you guys, but this is the first rendering of any kind that gives a view of the tower that's different from the "across Poydras" angle we've all seen.

FOCUS%20insider37.jpg

Is the office now open? It seems to me that some of the big wigs in town for the All Star Game would be interested in the Tower. I don't know how keen I am on the blue and white. I think the silver color covering the garage should be used instead of the white. But, to each his own.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all: I spoke with Dana Mowe at the sales office, and she was kind enough to have her assistant email to me a zip file with lots of pics of the building models as well as the condotel model. The condotel is sweet. I am happy to forward them to whomever for posting on the site. Just send me a private message with your email address.

J

JPK kindly sent me the Trump zip file, and I'd also be happy to forward the file to anyone who'd like it. Just PM me your email address. :thumbsup:

The file includes many photos of the large rendering of the tower in the sales office, along with many looks at the hotel and condo interiors. I'll be uploading some of the rendering photos soon.

JPK kindly sent me the Trump zip file, and I'd also be happy to forward the file to anyone who'd like it. Just PM me your email address. :thumbsup:

The file includes many photos of the large rendering of the tower in the sales office, along with many looks at the hotel and condo interiors. I'll be uploading some of the rendering photos soon.

Hey NCB;

For some reason I can't PM you, but I would love to see the Trump Tower file. If you don't mind you can send to my email at: [email protected]

Thanks

Today, I received an unexpected packet in the mail. The Trump folks sent me their sales packet. The brochure (as it is called) is not what I would call a brochure. It is a 20 by 12 booklet about the development with the floor plan of each type of condo in the building. The brochure is very impressive. Also included were copies of ads that have been placed in magazines and a condo reservation contract. The only thing the brochure lacked were renderings of the building as part of the skyline as a whole. Perhaps the DVD will contain contain some renderings. I look forward to getting it within a few weeks.

That's great, JPK! I'm curious about the magazine ads; how did they look? Any idea what magazines they'll be placed in?

The ads thus far have been in "Where" magazine, one of those magazines that are in hotel rooms. Most major cities have their respective editions. The rendering of the building is similar to the one we've all seen. Plus, New Orleans is listed as a future development in ads for Trump Las Vegas. The major campaign has yet to begin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know what to think about this project anymore.

I think they're in this for the long haul. At least 175 units are spoken for; the economy will come back; and the sales center is now open full time. It'll be later rather than sooner, but I think the building will be built. I wouldn't mind a more slender tower.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend said he saw Trump on a televised feed on a local real estate show over the weekend touting his New Orleans project. Did anyone happen to see it? He apparently said the building will be bigger and classier than anything around here.

:shades:

Archived