Lost Rock development by Beaver Lake

mzweig

I went out today with my wife and youngest daughter to see Lost Rock, a new vacation house development that is going in on about 80 acres on Beaver Lake near Clifty. The development will have 45 houses, ranging from 800 to 3000 square feet. All will be super-modern. Marlon Blackwell is the architect on the project. Individual lots will be sold to those who will have to build a modern house on it. Homeowners will only own the land their pad sits on--the rest will be held in common by a POA. There will be a boat dock, round swimming pool, earthen amphitheatre, butterfly field, and two pavillions, as well as a pond. This is one of the coolest things coming to our area. The developers are some of the same folks who are doing Ruskin Heights, including Ward Davis and Morgan Hooker. Anyway, there's no pictures or site plans or websites yet, but they will be forthcoming. I think this is an exciting project and may build a vacation house there for my family.

Mark

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went out today with my wife and youngest daughter to see Lost Rock, a new vacation house development that is going in on about 80 acres on Beaver Lake near Clifty. The development will have 45 houses, ranging from 800 to 3000 square feet. All will be super-modern. Marlon Blackwell is the architect on the project. Individual lots will be sold to those who will have to build a modern house on it. Homeowners will only own the land their pad sits on--the rest will be held in common by a POA. There will be a boat dock, round swimming pool, earthen amphitheatre, butterfly field, and two pavillions, as well as a pond. This is one of the coolest things coming to our area. The developers are some of the same folks who are doing Ruskin Heights, including Ward Davis and Morgan Hooker. Anyway, there's no pictures or site plans or websites yet, but they will be forthcoming. I think this is an exciting project and may build a vacation house there for my family.

Mark

Sounds interesting, although I don't know where this is exactly just yet. Yeah once I saw Marlon Blackwell's name I knew it would be modern. Nice to see him doing something like this. I think he's the biggest name architect who's around here now. Also interesting to here some of the Ruskin Heights people are involved with this as well. Hopefully they'll have a website up sometime soon. Thanks for the info.

You go 45 to 12, 12 to Capp's Ridge Road (2.3 miles out of Clifty--no sign!), then 4.3 miles down a dirt/gravel road, making first a left, and then a right, then a left up alongside an old house right before the road ends at Beaver Lake. Hard to find!

• 5 months later...

I went out to the Lost Rock site yesterday with Ward Davis and it is truly an amazing project. One of the best locations I have seen on the lake with beautiful views of not only the lake, but of the mountains and woods, too. Visiting Lost Rock reminds me how lucky we are to live in Northwest Arkansas! Email me if you would like some photos I took from the site at [email protected]. I will be posting some info on my website soon. Visit My Website

Lost Rock will be like nothing else on Beaver Lake. Great job, Ward and Morgan! I love it!

Sounds interesting, although I don't know where this is exactly just yet. Yeah once I saw Marlon Blackwell's name I knew it would be modern. Nice to see him doing something like this. I think he's the biggest name architect who's around here now. Also interesting to here some of the Ruskin Heights people are involved with this as well. Hopefully they'll have a website up sometime soon. Thanks for the info.

Archived