Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZachariahDaMan

Gary

3 posts in this topic

Great photo thread. Shows off a lot of the diverse urban architecture the city has to offer, plus a glimpse for many into what the condition of the downtown is in.

The City Hall in Gary is great archetectural gem that definately harks back to a by-gone era in architectural design. Its a real diamond in the rough for the urban core.

Any pics of the old central train station? Is it even still up I suppose would also be a good question. It was a great structure as well, although gutted and left as a mere shell the last time I saw any photos of it.

Gary's downtown has a lot of potential. It will take some risk-taking pioneers to turn the downtown area around and get the ball rolling. Those pioneers will definitely have a vision what the downtown could become with work and dedication, not to mention have some significant financial backing to make that vision materalize over time and their investments pay-off.

The train station is still there however I didn't take any photos :( I definately will next time I am there though. Here are the rest of my pics

120_4582.jpg

120_4584.jpg

120_4666.jpg

120_4667.jpg

120_4686.jpg

120_4688.jpg

120_4742.jpg

120_4743.jpg

120_4747.jpg