Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Memphian

Sound Off!

3 posts in this topic

:yahoo: Alright the CCC has posted a Sound Off ! page on their website. It's time for all forum members interested in improving downtown to voice ideas & opinons on what will make our city center better. Please take advantage of this opportunity,it's the squeeky wheel that get's the oil. My hat goes off to the CCC this is what will make our downtown better. Here's the email [email protected]

:hi:

I sent the following suggestions to the CCC via the "Sound Off!" feature:

1) Please plant more trees. Aside from Main Street, downtown Memphis looks exceptionally gray compared to other cities. A number of my friends who have visited Memphis or seen my pictures have commented on this.

2) Public art!!!! Murals, sculptures, sidewalk paintings, decorating the trolley stops, etc etc. There

I sent the following suggestions to the CCC via the "Sound Off!" feature:

1) Please plant more trees. Aside from Main Street, downtown Memphis looks exceptionally gray compared to other cities. A number of my friends who have visited Memphis or seen my pictures have commented on this.

2) Public art!!!! Murals, sculptures, sidewalk paintings, decorating the trolley stops, etc etc. There's not nearly enough of this.

3) Vendors and street performers: many of the blocks in downtown Memphis which seem like endless strings of abandoned buildings could be livened up by encouraging street vendors and street performers to line the streets instead, while we wait (endlessly?) for someone to buy up the storefronts. This would create a feeling of real, used, lived public space, despite the abandoned buildings. There are endless arrays of possible street performers