Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Mocarsky

A world class city from Vermont?

12 posts in this topic

Where in Vermont is even high enough and close enough to Boston to be able to see Boston in the distance?

I know you somewhat can from Mount Washington, but that's at 6200 feet up with major visibility around. And I think that's closer to Boston than much of Vermont.

P.S.: Vermont has about 600k people

Where in Vermont is even high enough and close enough to Boston to be able to see Boston in the distance?

I know you somewhat can from Mount Washington, but that's at 6200 feet up with major visibility around. And I think that's closer to Boston than much of Vermont.

Apparently from the top of the Prudential Center in Boston you can see New Hampshire and Rhode Island. So, maybe from Mt. Wash you could see Boston. Incredibly difficult on most days, but maybe?

If you hit an absolutely perfect fall day, you can just barely make it out with binoculars. On a day like that you can see a point in all New England states (I forget what it was you could see in Ct, some hill or something), Canada (considering how bloody close it is) and there were a mountain top or two in New York. You could also see the Atlantic off the shore of Maine, although that I was having a hard part discerning. But yes, you can barely see a couple of buildings. Mind you it was supposedly some of the clearest weather they have had in many years that day. But I will tell you - it is breathtaking.

Buyt then again, so is the ride up there!

I live in Brattleboro, and even if the buildings from Boston were that visible from Southern VT (or anywhere in VT), there would be a LOT of mountains/hills between. People do say that you can see Boston from the top of Hogback Mt. in Marlboro, VT, but only when the air is crystal clear... and again, there are a lot of mountains between there and where Boston would be. I am interested in knowing where in VT this picture is supposed to be from.

I live in Brattleboro, and even if the buildings from Boston were that visible from Southern VT (or anywhere in VT), there would be a LOT of mountains/hills between. People do say that you can see Boston from the top of Hogback Mt. in Marlboro, VT, but only when the air is crystal clear... and again, there are a lot of mountains between there and where Boston would be. I am interested in knowing where in VT this picture is supposed to be from.

I am thinking that the picture was taken from somewhere near St Albans.

The dome of St Joseph's Oratory can be seen peeking above the distinct silhouette of Mont-Royal.

It looks like the picture was taken about 20 years ago. A couple of notable buildings are missing.

Was there ever some doubt that this photo was of Montreal? The second post identifies it as such. Mont Royal seems to be a pretty big clue too.