Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrandonTO416

New to Portland

8 posts in this topic

I just moved to Portland after a failed attempt at Canadian immigration. Portland has always held a good image in my head, but it has impressed me more than my imagination liked it before.

You know, I can see a lot of fun times happening. So let the fun begin. :)

You must be initiated to Portland by provided us forumers numerous photos of the City... ahem please!

My partner and I are planning on moving out west from FL and are thinking of Portland. I am a FL native and he is from Chicago. Are there any pros/cons, hints or advice to give since you have been there?

Portland is a great city. I was just there about 2 months ago. Extremely liveable, vibrant, interesting... oh yeah, great beer and transit too. :D

I'm graduating college in May. After that I'm planning on moving to Portland from Nashville!

I to have heard lots of great things about the city and have given thought to moving there. Ive heard from many people though that theres alot of neo-nazi skinheads living there that came from the south years ago and because of that the city has a very racist attitude. Being African-American this deeply concerns me. If someone could tell me is there any truth to this I would appriciate it.

I to have heard lots of great things about the city and have given thought to moving there. Ive heard from many people though that theres alot of neo-nazi skinheads living there that came from the south years ago and because of that the city has a very racist attitude. Being African-American this deeply concerns me. If someone could tell me is there any truth to this I would appriciate it.