GR Crime Stats

mikeb77

The Diamond and Fulton area is very sketchy indeed. I lived on Atwood between Grand and Eastern for a time and loved the area. I used to walk to Marie's and to downtown. Perfect centralized spot. I stopped walking at night though after a few rapes happened in the hill right by my place one of which happened during the day.

I also was driving home one night 10/11ish heading west on fulton from fuller and as I came up on the graveyard I saw a young 20 something woman running toward me on the sidewalk as fast as she could with a very scared look on her face. I looked in the direction she came from and there were 3 or 4 teens on the opposite side of the street running in my direction as well but they were laughing and casual. I made my beau stop the car and we waited there with the girl for the police to come. Apparently her and her boyfriend were walking east on fulton and the teens assaulted the guy and tried to take her purse. She took off running. That was at the corner of Eastern and Fulton. The teens rounded the corner and headed south on Eastern long before the police arrived. I had trouble sleeping that night I remember because I couldn't get the woman's petrified look out of my head. sad.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh! I used to live at Lockwood and Grand. One of those rapes happened in the upstairs apartment of the house I was living in (the perp was caught and imprisoned). That was also where I lived when my car was broken into the second time, which prompted me to build the crime map.

The cemetary is an easy place to hide. The party store on the corner of Diamond and Fulton is perpetually a hair's breadth from being closed down for allowing/contributing to unsavory activity. The blocks between can be rough at times.

Archived