"Workforce" Apartments Proposed Downtown

WALD0123

This is a plan by a local developer to put a 4-story 84 unit apartment complex with the look of Boston brownstones at the corner of Fifth and William.

I like a number of things about this project. It preserves the historic home while building new buildings with a historic feel that add density downtown. It also seems to cater to a much needed demographic, the middle-class renter.

I'm confused as to why he needs to use this conditional zoning and not go through a PUD but I think it will work either way.

Hopefully we'll see some renderings soon.

Link to the AA News article:

http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2007/08...proposed_n.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there might have been some involvment on this project by a few U of M students. I remember getting an email requesting that a student work on models/renderings for a proposed development near downtown that consisted of "brownstone type structures" within "proximity of downtown"

Archived