What Is Your Walk Score?

What Is Your Walk Score?

I just ran across this at a newspaper website. The idea is interesting. I typed my two addresses in Washington, D.C. and Fort Lauderdale in the box. The walkability scores were 98% and 67% respectively. On the whole, fairly accurate in this case. It's nothing scientific, but it's fun to see how various addresses in different cities score.

Walkscore.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you folks with single digit scores live in the country or extreme rural areas???

It isn't really rural but it isn't iconic urban development either (far from it). I live in a mid-sized subdivision surrounded by several small to large sub-divisions that were mostly built in the 80's and 90's. I hate that I don't have a nice row house right downtown but considering I live extremely close to my place of work it doesn't seem rational to do that. At least I'm not one that lives in the suburbs and travels an hour to work, I'm only five minutes from work.

My wife and I have discussed our next move which could possibly be a historic house in the immediate downtown area of our current residence, but I suppose we have some time before we are able to do that (financially). It really doesn't make sense to live in downtown Charlotte at the moment considering we would both be so far from work if we were to do that.

I'm honestly not sure why my number is two for where I live...it isn't THAT rural. I would give it an 8, maybe a 10.

My current house, located in quiet 70 home neighborhood built in the mid 1960s has a 3. However, my office,which is located on the main road where all of big box stores for the area are, got a 77 and I feel significantly better walking in my neighborhood opposed to around my office.

However, the condo community that I want to buy in about 2 years, just off of Man Street (despite people thinking I'm stupid to do that) has a socre of 77.

Archived