Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rural King

Fortune 500 company to make major announcement on 8-22

20 posts in this topic

The City Paper reports that Governor Bredesen and officials from an unnamed Fortune 500 company will make a major announcement in Nashville relating to economic development.

We'll all find out tomorrow at some point, but until then we have this thread to discuss any speculations. So speculate away!

Well........my feet are tapping away waiting..........LOL!

Just read on the Tennessean website that the announcement will be at 2:30. So check out the media outlets around that time.

The Nashville Post is reporting that Verizon is to locate a regional HQ in the Nashville area. I learned elsewhere that the area is to be Cool Springs and that a call center in Nashville is also in the deal.

So good news all around.

According to the Nashville Business Journal, they will move the 500 customer service jobs already in Nashville to Cool Springs, and create 700 new jobs in the area over the next 5 years. I'm not familiar enough with Nashville to know Cool Springs, but this sounds like a loss for Nashville and a gain for a suburban county.

I think they're gearing up to shoot Office Space II in Cool Springs.

I think they're gearing up to shoot Office Space II in Cool Springs.

If this area ever gets a super tall office tower, it will probably be in Cool Springs, not downtown Nashville.

If this area ever gets a super tall office tower, it will probably be in Cool Springs, not downtown Nashville.

This verizon relocation is another big win for the Nashville area - all are sure to benefit even if most of the jobs are in cool springs. That's just that many more rich people to come downtown & spend money before and after they visit the symphony... :P

I guess they'll be taking up more space in one of the existing office buildings near the CSB/Carothers intersection...

That whole area from CSB down to McEwan Dr. will be office park-style towers one day....

I guess they'll be taking up more space in one of the existing office buildings near the CSB/Carothers intersection...

That whole area from CSB down to McEwan Dr. will be office park-style towers one day....

Will Franklin and Brentwood ever allow towers taller than what's already built in Cool Springs?

For each additional floor over 5 in Brentwood, you must build an additional 100 ft back from the road. You can build up, but a 50 story tower would have to be close to a mile back from the road AND it would have to pass the planning commision. These are the guys who fought for over a year to stop the playground at Joe's Crab Shack. I think Franklin has similar rules, though they are a little less strict.

i can't wait to see the day when people live downtown and COMMUTE to the suburbs to work.

i can't wait to see the day when people live downtown and COMMUTE to the suburbs to work.

“The fact that they want to live in Williamson County is a compliment to Nashville and Davidson County,” Roberts said. “Nashville is the draw.”

thats a load of crap ^

i find this very worrisome that no one from metro knew of this move.