Parents giving their tots domain names

tamias6

Parents giving their tots domain names  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you register a domain name for your little tyke?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

According to this article a small but growing number of parents are registering domain names for their little tykes well before they even old enough to know what a computer is in an attempt to give their kids a head start in establishing a digital identity. Due to the obvious pros and cons of doing this, I'm wondering if any of you would register domain names for your kids.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only way i'd do anything like that is if my kid (if i have kids) decides on his/her own that he/she wants to start a webpage. since minors can't do it on their own i assume (since i believe a credit card is needed), i'll have to sign off on it. and if that's the case, i'll be damn sure that there's a good reason for it and not just to make some stupid crap. i have my own domain. i can create a sub-domain for the kids if they want one to make their own site and play with web design, but i'll have to approve of anything they put up there or i'll just take it right down without warning.

but buying a domain for a kid who doesn't know what a computer is, nevermind the internet, is just plain stupid.

Archived