Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Proposed I-95/I-10 interchange (rendering)

This on the South Bank side right?

Is that an old High School on the lower right hand side? I remember seeing it from 95-south and thinking how great it would be if it was restored. Looks like it's in the way of the new plans though.

Its an old elementary school. I think its called Annie Lytle or something like that. However, as far as I know, they plan to keep it up. Everything in that area, has already been demolished in preparation for the expansion. Oh yeah.....this is on the Northbank side, even though its really southwest of downtown.

That is a large interchange.

That reminds me though- what is the latest on that new bridge to Mayport?

Holy Crap! That's humongous! When is it expected to be completed? The NB 95 - WB 10 ramp is halfway finished. Currently, it looks like a ski ramp. I hope that they plan for the Roosevelt Blvd. entrance area. When you get on I-10 from Roosevelt, you have to get over like 4 lanes to go to I-95 north. It's crazy at rush hour.

It looks like they've fixed that problem with Roosevelt. I can't tell for sure, but from what is shown, there are several east and westbound lanes on I-10 that are divided leading me to believe that half is for I-10 and the other is for Roosevelt.

The Wonderwood Connector is still under construction after a finished portion of it was a couple of inches too short for boat clearance.

Haha, yeah, believe it or not, I was talking to my uncle about that today before I had a chance to look at UP. He said it was like 6 inches to short. He can acutally see the bridge from his road.....

This interchange will be a great relief to many weary travelers who have to make the treacherous crossing from the Fuller Warren to Roosevelt. It is no doubt the scariest part of my ride home. It will also hopefully reduce the daily 5-mile traffic jam that spans from Riverside to almost Emerson.

The Wonderwood Connector is still under construction after a finished portion of it was a couple of inches too short for boat clearance.

I have been waiting to take the road to school for a LONG time. It will cut my travel time in half. It makes me mad that it has been delayed so many times. Now JEA claims that they have to move powerlines.

Seems like there is so much underutilized land surrounding it, as well.

Yes, the city demolish just about an entire neighborhood of homes & old warehouses in preparation for this project. I think once this project is complete, the area will feel back in as Riverside reconnects with downtown.

Is there a proposed completion date for this? I felt i needed to make a post since i was the 100th person to view the thread.

Thanks Lakelander. That is good news and bad news to me. Good news: i'll be gone to college before construction starts so i won't have to deal with traffic on my commute to and from school. Bad News: I love watching building and city infrastructure construction, but i won't get to see this.

You'll get to see it on you're visits during school breaks and Holidays. By Being away, you'll also immediately notice the change of scenery from the construction projects.

Wow, that will take a long time to complete! It seems that although it should help the traffic pattern, it will be very confusing to follow. Do you think so?