Google Maps in Posts

monsoon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neo and metro, I have created a map, but I am not getting it to embed. I think maybe my URL is a different format than what the instructions call for.

Here is the full HTML I am seeing when I click "Customize and preview embedded map":

"

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107649022209655052153.000438c2282d406205117&om=1&s=AARTsJpccWr0MtNbaHcbNNj_lPjENDuIXQ&ll=35.06984,-80.823218&spn=0.098348,0.145912&z=12&output=embed"></iframe><br/><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107649022209655052153.000438c2282d406205117&om=1&ll=35.06984,-80.823218&spn=0.098348,0.145912&z=12&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left;font-size:small">View Larger Map</a>

"

I'm not sure, but I don't think the part between the s= and the output=embed is the same as your example.

Google displayed the code in the wrong order on your screen for some odd reason. Please go to Google's My Maps tab again and follow the step-by-step directions as you did before and see if it displays it correct this time. I have noticed a couple of bugs with Google not displaying the code properly. If you still have issue please shoot me a PM and we'll get this worked out!

Testing:

Please see the above post for the correct syntax to display your map correctly in a post. For some strange reason Google decided to treat your map differently than everyone else's map and I'm not quite sure why. I manually rearranged the map's code to display properly on our site. Hopefully any future maps will give you the correct code and not this weird version. Sorry for any troubles.

*As an additional note for anyone editing a map you currently embed into a post. The embedded map will update in real time as you edit the version in Google My Maps so there is no need to repost or edit a current post to display changes to a map.

Thanks Neo, that's working now. My URL is still different, in fact, I have lots of MyMaps, and they all display the URL "incorrectly". No biggie, I can always re-arrange the parameters for embedding.

One note on your instructions, when I read "between s= and output=embed", I took that to mean *including* s= and output=embed. The example serves to clarify whether the endpoints of the "between" are included.

Thanks again.

Thanks Neo, that's working now. My URL is still different, in fact, I have lots of MyMaps, and they all display the URL "incorrectly". No biggie, I can always re-arrange the parameters for embedding.

One note on your instructions, when I read "between s= and output=embed", I took that to mean *including* s= and output=embed. The example serves to clarify whether the endpoints of the "between" are included.

Thanks again.

I wish I had an answer for you as to why your URL's are appearing different than everyone else's but I don't unfortunately...and yes, I mean everything after s= but before &output=embed.

Archived