Northlake Mall

NorthLake just announced 30 more stores that have signed on. You can read the article here.

here is a full list from their site:

abercrombie

Abercrombie & Fitch

Aeropostale

Aldo

American Eagle Outfitters

Amy's Hallmark

Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor Loft

Anthropologie

Arden B.

Auntie Anne's Hand-Rolled Soft Pretzels

Bakers

Banana Republic

Bath & Body Works

bebe

Big Easy Cajun

The Body Shop

Boloco (formerly The Wrap)

Borders Books and Music

BRAVO! Cucina Italiana

Brighton Collectibles

Brooks Brothers

Brookstone

Buckle

Build-A-Bear Workshop

Cache

Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate

Charlotte Russe

Chick-fil-A

The Children's Place

Claire's

Clarks

Club Libby Lu

Coach

Coldwater Creek

Crabtree & Evelyn

Da~Vi Nails

Da~vi Salon

Dakota Watch Company

dELiA*s

d.e.m.o.

Dippin' Dots

DTLR

Easy Spirit

Eddie Bauer

Everything But Water

Express/Express Men's

Famous Famiglia

Finish Line

Fink's Jewelers

Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill

Forever 21

Fossil Authentic Brand Jeans

Gap

Gap Kids/babyGap

GNC

Godiva Chocolatier

Great American Cookie Co.

Guess?

Gymboree

Haagen-Dazs

Hair Cuttery

Helzberg Diamonds

Hollister Co.

Hot Topic

J.Crew

J. Jill

Johnston & Murphy

Journeys

Kay Jewelers

Lane Bryant

LensCrafters

LIDS

Lillie Rubin

Limited Too

L'Occitane en Provence

Maki of Japan

Nail Spa

New York & Company

Nextel

Nine West

PacSun

Payless ShoeSource

Perfumania

The Picture People

Point A

Pottery Barn

Pro Image

Radio Shack

REEDS Jewelers

S&K Menswear

Salon Cielo

Secret Ingredients

Select Comfort

Showmars of America

SouthPark Optical Northlake

Spencer's

Sporting Eyes

Sports Fan-Attic

Starbucks

Stars Wireless

Steak Escape

Steve Madden

Storehouse

Stride Rite

Sunglass Designs

Sunglass Hut International

Swarovski

Torrid Plus Sizes

Track 'n Trail

The Sweet Spot

Underground Station

Verizon Wireless

Victoria's Secret/Victoria's Secret Beauty

The Walking Company

Whitehall Jewellers

World of Jewelry

Yankee Candle Co.

Yeung's Lotus Express

Zales

Edited by ilektronik

The long term trends in this area will be interesting to watch.

A lot of the housing north of 85 and west of 77 is kinda chintzy. It's where the small builders are cranking out 95K vinyl starter homes. That stuff is creeping up north twards Huntersville, which has much stricter building codes.

Just because it's near the lake doesn't mean it will become an affluent area.

I think it's Northlake and not NorthLake.

SouthPark and OfficeMax are the official spellings. That's done to create a unique copywrightable trademark, plus the signes look beter NationsBank's sign wouldn't have looked as well if it was Nations Bank.

BankOne: I'm not sure when that happend, but it's probably for the same reason SouthPark and OfficeMax did theirs.

Does anyone know exactly where the Target is going to go?

They are clearing off land east of 77 that is in the middle of a few furniture stores and hotels and I'm wondering what's going there. I wouldn't think it would be the ideal location for a Target.

Does anyone know exactly where the Target is going to go?

They are clearing off land east of 77 that is in the middle of a few furniture stores and hotels and I'm wondering what's going there. I wouldn't think it would be the ideal location for a Target.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's going west of the mall across Northlake Blvd, north of West WT Harris Blvd in a shopping center called Northcrest

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2668/nlake9vp.jpg

Edited by cantnot

are you sure about that?? because the sign there reads "Northlake Commons", and there is definitely no target being built there

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Target Corp. recently paid $7.5 million for 16 acres next to the entrance road to the mall under construction on a section of W.T. Harris Boulevard formerly named Reames Road.

That's what the observer article said, so i assumed it's at the corner of Harris & Northlake Blvd but you're right about Northlake Commons... so Target might be North of Northlake commons further down Northlake Blvd maybe? i'm not sure.. i'll have to find out more and get back to you

Edited by cantnot

Here is a website with info about Northlake Commons:

http://www.faison.com/property_detail.php?pid=42

If you click on view brochure you can see a few restaurants--O'Charley's, Chik-fil-a, Panera Bread, Olive Garden, Mama Fu's, On The Border, and Chili's, as well as a Men's Warehouse.

I did a search for NorthCrest and all I could find was a blurb saying it was to be the open-air portion of the Northlake Mall development.

If you click on view brochure you can see a few restaurants--O'Charley's, Chik-fil-a, Panera Bread, Olive Garden, Mama Fu's, On The Border, and Chili's, as well as a Men's Warehouse.

I did a search for NorthCrest and all I could find was a blurb saying it was to be the open-air portion of the Northlake Mall development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

edit: after seeing that pic, i'm pretty sure northlake commons will be on the mall side and supertarget will be across northlake boulevard at the corner of Harris Blvd and Northlake Blvd... and northlake commons would be on the northeast corner of it

Edited by cantnot

edit: after seeing that pic, i'm pretty sure northlake commons will be on the mall side and supertarget will be across northlake boulevard at the corner of Harris Blvd and Northlake Blvd... and northlake commons would be on the northeast corner of it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

will there be enough room?? because you can see where they have dug out for 485 right there where you are talking about.

while we are on the subject.....i've noticed that they are going to do two one-way two lane roads in each direction for that section of harris; but then it all merges back into one lane at the mt holley-huntersville rd intersection. can that be right????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NorthCrest is going to be across Northlake Mall Pkwy. from Northlake Commons. (on the corner of Harris and Northlake Pkwy)

Right on the edge of the woods is a tiny sign.

There was a SuperTarget logo on that sign, but Target made them paint over it.

It also looks like a Drury Inn, Bank of America and First Citizens Bank is going in right in front of the mall.

Edited by jb4563

while we are on the subject.....i've noticed that they are going to do two one-way two lane roads in each direction for that section of harris; but then it all merges back into one lane at the mt holley-huntersville rd intersection. can that be right????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed it is. Harris Blvd changes names to Vance Rd at this point and there is a very long term plan to extend this road all the way to Hwy 73 at the Lake. This is currently known as the Vance Rd extension. Beyond Huntersville-Mt. Holly Rd, control of the road reverts from Charlotte to Huntersville where there have been long debates over where the extension might go.

I would assume at the time the Vance Rd. extension is constructed the dual laneing will be continued to match what will be at the mall end of the road.

Indeed it is.  Harris Blvd changes names to Vance Rd at this point and there is a very long term plan to extend this road all the way to Hwy 73 at the Lake.  This is currently known as the Vance Rd extension.  Beyond Huntersville-Mt. Holly Rd, control of the road reverts from Charlotte to Huntersville where there have been long debates over where the extension might go.

I would assume at the time the Vance Rd. extension is constructed the dual laneing will be continued to match what will be at the mall end of the road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't Vance Road Extention all known as West W.T. Harris Blvd now?

Indeed it is.  Harris Blvd changes names to Vance Rd at this point and there is a very long term plan to extend this road all the way to Hwy 73 at the Lake.  This is currently known as the Vance Rd extension.  Beyond Huntersville-Mt. Holly Rd, control of the road reverts from Charlotte to Huntersville where there have been long debates over where the extension might go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is actually ashame because it sort of dead-ends into some beautiful wooded area