Northlake Mall

Also, new article on Northlake Commons. http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/12469053.htm

Five parcels around the shops will accommodate restaurants, a hotel and other commercial users. Faison has signed leases on four of those sites with Olive Garden, Chick-fil-A, Chili's and On The Border.

Tenants signed for the village portion include Panera Bread, Men's Wearhouse, Great Clips and Mama Fu's.

Barnett said about 40 percent of the center is leased and negotiations are under way with other several potential tenants.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been inside or seen a Neiman Marcus in person. Nordstrom at Southpoint is nice I suppose, but it really could be any other brand new department store in my opinion, maybe I'm just spoiled by all of the new department stores that have opened in the past 5 years. I know that they do have a large shoe section, which girls I know seem to love....I don't care about clothing brands, it's how the clothes look on me that's important. What the label says inside the shirt really means nothing to me...

"upscale" is simply an illusion created by design teams to make a person feel justified in spending $150 for a shirt....

Edited by NCMike1981

I think that one thing that differentiates Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus are that some of the styles at both places are cutting-edge. I like flashy-looking shirts and ties at work, straight off the fashion show runways, and the only places I can find what I like are at places like those two stores; Belk and Dillard's and other mid-market department stores sell clothes that are less edgy and that appeal to broader groups of people. Compare the downtown Bloomingdale's in New York City to Dillard's in a typical mall and the styles at those stores differ dramatically. I don't know if the clothes at Neiman Marcus are higher quality, but the store can charge a premium since its styles are more exclusive.

"upscale" is simply an illusion created by design teams to make a person feel justified in spending $150 for a shirt....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

clothing is for a person's image. if the stores do a good job with their illusion of upscale, then the people who buy and wear that clothing will be able to carry out the same illusion, which is the point.

if burlap were marketed in the right way as the upscale exclusive clothing material, and all the famous designers worked it into their lines, and you could only get burlap for $200 a shirt, then the image-conscious people would be wearing burlap.

this is true of everything in business.

We rode by the mall last night after getting a full tank of E85 fuel. The parking lot had a lot of people in it as I think there was a job fair going on. The security guard at the entrance though we were looking for jobs so they let us in. haha.

The major stores are all completed and appear to be stocked as well, but they are going to have to bust a move on the mall itself as there is still some significant construction left around the main entrance.