Northlake Mall

I don't know, there is a big advert in today's paper for it along with a bunch of other stuff.

1-3pm, Chocolate Fountain in Ladie's Shoes, courtesy of Dr Scholl's - Saturday Dr. Scholl is giving away free gifts too.

They are having a Jockey Bra Fit Event there this afternoon, whatever that is. Its in Intimate Apparel.

I don't know, there is a big advert in today's paper for it along with a bunch of other stuff.

1-3pm, Chocolate Fountain in Ladie's Shoes, courtesy of Dr Scholl's - Saturday Dr. Scholl is giving away free gifts too.

They are having a Jockey Bra Fit Event there this afternoon, whatever that is. Its in Intimate Apparel.

thx MB. I am definately going to Northlake this weekend. Dubone went last weekend and said the mall was REALLY nice. Gave it a BIG thumbs up :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to going to Kannapolis too. I am driving out there just to get a haricut, crazy I know, but I really want to get a peek at the new Murdock project.

Heck I might even take Dubone's tour of CLT.

A2

I might want to check that out too !

Free Entertainment ! :P

A2

Hey the pictures look nice. I like how the enterances of the stores look in the insides of the mall.. albeit a bit plain.. but i love Hecht's inner-mall enterance for some reason.. like the dark background behind the HECHT'S logo

Hecht's always has the best mall entrances for some reason. It's a combination of the logo and the dark materials they use, like you were saying.

yeah. I think Belk's mall enterance was a little more plain than I had expected. Dillard's was ok, reminded me of a lighter version of Eastland's.

Dillard's entrances are pretty typical from mall to mall. Belk hasn't done a truly great mall entrance since SouthPark, though Crabtree Valley and Citadel Mall are pretty swank.

I wish Faison would announce what tenants will make up the retail portion of the Northlake Commons project. They have listed only a few restaurants on their website... There is quite a bit of room for shops etc. in there just curious what is going on.. Also across the street from the mall (where the woods are) a new project is developing, Perimeter Woods Center.. :D

Edited by mmp

^that's cool.. welcome to up

anyway

went to Northlake today, it was pretty awesome. Parked at Dillard's back side, since it was the least crowded parking spot, went thru Dillard's and walked out into the mall. It reminded me of Nordstrom's enterance at SouthPark (the celing), then walked through the mall, it's nice to see the mix of shops in person rather than on paper. Headed to the food court to grab a bite.. some of the ceilings while walking through the mall remind me of each of the area malls.. it seems to have a mix of Mills, SouthPark, CP and Eastland... Then went to Belk, which looked nice and spacious and i was really impressed with Hecht's.

I liked the area around the mall too, the woods and pasture-like grass setting in front of the mall. Criticism: The food court could have used more seats! I think only SouthPark and Eastland malls' food courts have adequate seating, the others don't.

Then the real gem of today was after northlake, heading around north Mecklenburg county. I really love the lake area

^that's cool.. welcome to up

anyway

went to Northlake today, it was pretty awesome. Parked at Dillard's back side, since it was the least crowded parking spot, went thru Dillard's and walked out into the mall. It reminded me of Nordstrom's enterance at SouthPark (the celing), then walked through the mall, it's nice to see the mix of shops in person rather than on paper. Headed to the food court to grab a bite.. some of the ceilings while walking through the mall remind me of each of the area malls.. it seems to have a mix of Mills, SouthPark, CP and Eastland... Then went to Belk, which looked nice and spacious and i was really impressed with Hecht's.

I liked the area around the mall too, the woods and pasture-like grass setting in front of the mall. Criticism: The food court could have used more seats! I think only SouthPark and Eastland malls' food courts have adequate seating, the others don't.

Then the real gem of today was after northlake, heading around north Mecklenburg county. I really love the lake area

Eastland has adequate seating? That's probably the mall with the least amount of seating....Concord mills has the most seating.....even though they do have more customers probably.....i think they're making Carolina Place's food court bigger if im not mistakend....

Eastland has adequate seating? That's probably the mall with the least amount of seating....Concord mills has the most seating.....even though they do have more customers probably.....i think they're making Carolina Place's food court bigger if im not mistakend....

Sorry, You're right. Last time I was at Eastland the food court wasn't so full but now that I think of it the seating isn't that much

this is slightly off topic... but when i went to northlake mall last weekend, one of the first things to catch my eye was that the manhole covers have in huge writing "Made In India".

WHAT!?! can we not even make our own shist-caps in this county that we have to import them?

Too bad they didn't say. Made by Nucor Steel. Our hometown steel company.

this is slightly off topic... but when i went to northlake mall last weekend, one of the first things to catch my eye was that the manhole covers have in huge writing "Made In India".

WHAT!?! can we not even make our own shist-caps in this county that we have to import them?

I noticed that yesterday at Costco. What's really ironic is that the company name is imprinted at the top of the cover and reads "US Foundry" at the top and (in larger letters) "Made in India" at the bottom.