Northlake Mall

Belk Moorsesville is better located for its clientele. Belk Northlake is pretty much for the Univerity area and north Charlotte, replacing Eastland in a way.

Well it is an interesting situation. Just a short drive from that Belks (Mooresville) down Hwy 150 west, you start running into million dollar + homes on the lake. It makes one wonder where these people shop because that particular Belks is small an in a dying strip mall. (Harris Teeter there recently went bust)

Maybe they have already have given up on Belks as a purveyer of average clothes and cheap crap from China.

Well it is an interesting situation. Just a short drive from that Belks (Mooresville) down Hwy 150 west, you start running into million dollar + homes on the lake. It makes one wonder where these people shop because that particular Belks is small an in a dying strip mall. (Harris Teeter there recently went bust)

Maybe they have already have given up on Belks as a purveyer of average clothes and cheap crap from China.

Yeah, those people all have their own private clothing designers. :)

Is that the shopping center where there was a Kmart which is now a Kohl's?

Don't shoot the messenger. Just reporting what the higher-ups at the big B said. And, according to them, the store was built to serve southern Iredell and north Meck.
I'm not disputing your information. If Belk Northlake isn't doing well, that's not good but I have no personal stake in its success.

I suspect that the front end of the store with cosmetics, fragrances and accesories is carrying the Mooresville store. On that rationale, maybe the rich people are coming in and buying the basics and leaving the other departments for the locals.

Anyway, Belk is not a great store but it's not a bad one either. One could do much worse shopping.

No offense at all, but if someone had a million dollar home, why on earth would they shop from Belk? Unless its the one at SouthPark....I hope they have more sense than that.....Neiman Marcus Sept 15....i cant wait! :yahoo:

My parents live in a $1M+ house and my father shops for clothes, if at all, at Sears. To each his own. I don't understand those shopping patterns, but that's what he wants.

The Teeter didn't go bust, it moved to Morrison Plantation. The space has already been filled by a furniture store.

No offense at all, but if someone had a million dollar home, why on earth would they shop from Belk? Unless its the one at SouthPark....I hope they have more sense than that.....Neiman Marcus Sept 15....i cant wait! :yahoo:
What does the cost of one's house have to do with choosing a department store? There are plenty of people who can afford expensive houses that shop at very ordinary places.

The things that lead people to shop at stores like Neiman Marcus are service and exclusivity, and that has very little to do with personal income. I love shopping at NM and I'm nowhere near a millionaire. If a person with an expensive home wants to shop at Belk or Costco or Target, more power to them.

What does the cost of one's house have to do with choosing a department store? There are plenty of people who can afford expensive houses that shop at very ordinary places.

Precisely..and conversely there are plenty of low income folks who spend the preponderance of their money on designer label clothes and bling from high-end stores and buy their meals with food stamps. Go figure!

Edited by SmellyCat

I drove through Northlake Commons, which is beside the mall, on Sunday and it looks like it will be completely finished soon. Panera Bread is already open and I believe Chili's is also. It's actually kind of nice looking, patterned like a downtown with rows of shops on either side and angled parking down the middle, but most of the restaurant sites are separate along the outside. It's still a shopping center, but it's a lot better than I expected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to this Northlake Mall for the first time last Friday and while I'm not a mall connoisseur or really even interested in malls, I must say that Northlake was probably the brightest mall I have ever entered. The abundance of natural light was outstanding and the mall seemed very clean. If I were into shopping it certainly would be a very comfortable place to shop.

I like it, it's probably my second choice in Charlotte malls with SP being #1. Northlake is certainly a great addition to the North side of Charlotte.