Northlake Mall

Very nice Steven. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome. I had a lot of fun taking those.

Mall openings are really cool most times, but I think Taubman hit this particular one out of the park with all the performers, even supassing Southpoint in Durham, which had a really nice opening. I hadn't had that much fun since they reopened Four Seasons back in '99 and Deneice Williams and several bands and dance troupes performed.

Sanrio is now open for anyone with a need for Hello Kitty merchandise. As mentioned earlier, there is land clearing for the development next to Northlake (I forget the name) where presumably the Super Target will be built. Until then, you can shop at the Super Target at exit 36. Sephora and Z Gallerie still have signs up they are coming to Northlake. The second Aldo accessories just opened as well.

We do go to great effort here at Urbanplanet to provide several search options. :)

How're the anchors at Northlake doing? The Dillard's always seems so quiet, perhaps because the store is farthest away from Harris Blvd. and there are a lot of vacancies around its mall entrances, so people who shop at the mall are more likely to park and shop near the Belk and Hecht's stores.

How're the anchors at Northlake doing? The Dillard's always seems so quiet, perhaps because the store is farthest away from Harris Blvd. and there are a lot of vacancies around its mall entrances, so people who shop at the mall are more likely to park and shop near the Belk and Hecht's stores.

No, its just that Dillard's IMO is grotesque

In light of all these new developments in NL, I pray that the city lays down a grid system up there before it turns into the next UC or Concord Mills. If they want to make Northlake the next South Park, they better get some more infrastructure, otherwise this will just become another development boom coupled with poor planning causing traffic to increase to unacceptable levels and, thus, decreasing business twenty years down the road (ie UC)

I hate that for the area though. It's like they said "hey everybody, here's this great mall. It's a HUGE deal. Now, let's all screw it up by not placing any infrastructure around it at all and building as much as we can."

Well it seems that many people like that type of thing because they keep moving into the housing developments.

• 2 weeks later...

Taubman Centers will reward consumers visiting select shopping centers...over the Memorial Day weekend with sweet treats, including free ice cream and T-shirts as part of a new guerilla marketing campaign.

Starting today, ice cream trucks will distribute some 70,000 free frozen treats and 45,000 T-shirts...Participating locations include....Northlake in Charlotte, NC

Sounds fun!

Full details at http://www.plainvanillashell.com/article.asp?ID=6279