Northlake Mall

I wonder what that area will look like in 5 years.  There seems to be a good amount of available land around the mall, and I'm sure developers will snatch that right up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we do know a SuperTarget and a power center, Northcrest i think it's called, will be across the st on Northlake Blvd.. and yeah developers will snatch all that land right up

Here are the addresses of Northlake Mall:

The ring/perimeter road will be called Northlake Mall Drive. The mall will have I-77 to the east, Northlake Centre Parkway to the west, Harris Blvd (formerly Reames Rd) to the south, and I-485 a little bit to the north.

The main enterance of the mall will be off Harris Blvd, on the north side of Perimeter Pkwy, which is a road that already exists with an office park to the south of Harris Blvd.

So there will be at least a light at Perimeter & Harris and at Northlake Centre and Harris, and i'm sure there will be one eventaully at Northlake Centre and Northlake Mall Drive.

I hope this is making sense so far.

ok, for the addresses:

Mall: 6801 Northlake Mall Drive

Dick's Sporting Goods: 6445 Northlake Mall Drive

Hecht's: 6845 Northlake Mall Drive

Belk: 7115 Northlake Mall Drive

AMC: 7325 Northlake Mall Drive

Dillard's: 7535 Northlake Mall Drive

Charlotte, NC 28216

Not exactly exciting new, but breaking news none the less. My sister is a store manager of Delia's in Raliegh, and she said they are opening stores at Northlake and Southpark. Ask your sisters or gf's they will know what it is!

I'm also curious whether or not, Charlotte might be getting another Apple store on that side of town?

Nothing too surprising or stand-out here though, but here's the list of the first 90 in addition to Belk, Dick's, Hecht's, Dillards.

abercrombie

Abercrombie & Fitch

Aeropostale

Aldo

American Eagle Outfitters

Amy's Hallmark

Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor Loft

Anthropologie

Arden B

Auntie Anne's Hand Rolled Soft Pretzels

Bakers

Banana Republic

Bath & Body Works

bebe

Big Easy Cajun

The Body Shop

Borders Books and Music

BRAVO! Cucina Italiana

Brighton Collectibles

Brooks Brothers

Brookstone

Buckle

Build-A-Bear Workshop

Cache

Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate

Charlotte Russe

Chick-fil-A

Claire's

Club Libby Lu

Coach

Coldwater Creek

Crabtree & Evelyn

Da~Vi Nails

Davi Salon

d.e.m.o.

DTLR

Easy Spirit

Express/Express Men's

Famous Famiglia

Finish Line

Fink's Jewelers

Forever 21

Gap

Gap Kids/babyGap

GNC

Godiva Chocolatier

Great American Cookie Co.

Guess?

Gymboree

Haagen-Dazs

Helzberg Diamonds

HOLLISTER Co

Hot Topic

J. Crew

J. Jill

Journeys

Kay Jewelers

LensCrafters

Lillie Rubin

Limited Too

L'Occitane en Provence

Maki of Japan

Nail Spa

New York & Company

Nextel

Nine West

PacSun

Payless ShoeSource

The Picture People

Point A

Pottery Barn

Pro Image

REEDS Jewelers

S&K Menswear

Select Comfort

Sporting Eyes

Steak Escape

Storehouse

Sunglass Designs

Sunglass Hut International

Swarovski

The Sweet Spot

Verizon Wireless

Victoria's Secret/Victoria's Secret Beauty

Whitehall Jewellers

The Wrap

Yankee Candle Co.

Yeung's Lotus Express

Zales Jewelers

Edited by cantnot
  • Like 1

Most people shop at malls, and if northlake means people will spend their money in mecklenburg and charlotte before concord mills or mooresville, then i'm happy.

Any shopping that north meck people do will be contributing to mecklenburg's tax rolls (and to charlotte's in some ways). That supports many things, including rail transit.

i agree, though, that it seems like it isn't much that is special or extraordinary. Especially since they originally hyped this as comparable to south park and streets at southpoint.

I personally think that while the selection is bland and generic in the sense that these are mostly stores found everywhere, it is definitely more upscale than Carolina Place, and more than I suspected it would attract. And dubone is correct. This will pull a substantial share of new sales tax revenues to the city.

Wonder how long Banana will keep its store at Birkdale when NorthLake opens?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stores that will be same at Birkdale and Northlake will co-exist.

Keep in mind, Birkdale Village is 8 Miles north of Northlake Mall.

These stores include:

American Eagle

Ann Taylor Loft

Banana Republic

Bath & Body Works

Dick's

Gap/Gap Kids

Gymboree

Victoria's Secret

Where exactly will this be in Charlotte? Pardon my ignorance...

MM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The mall will be in north Mecklenburg Couty, just at the Charlotte city limits edge. It will be located off I-77 at Harris Boulevard (west of 77), formerly known as Reames Road. Exit 18.

map_lg_area.gif

just like all suburban malls, they are chasing new growth, often caused by building the mall. people want to live by malls (not sure why), so as all the new "Camode" (Car And Mall Oriented DevElopments) communities get built, the residents become mall customers. This allows for the new mall stores to grow without cannibalizing old stores in the older shopping centers or malls. that is, of course, until demographics change, and people stop caring about the old mall.

Birkdale will likely not decline soon, though, because it is near the lake itself. Unless, the Corps of Engineers outlaws riverdams, and everybody realizes they live in the middle of nowhere. ;).

It will be interesting to see if many of the Lake people will actually bother to go to the mall to shop at the same stores that are also at the Lake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure they won't if they are just swinging by to pick up something at dick's or banana republic. I doubt they will even go down to northlake if they are going to a movie, etc. Definitely, they won't go that distance in bad traffic times, unless it is to shop while the traffic dissipates and then commute the rest of the way.

But i think there will be plenty of people that head to the mall for belk or other department stores. I also think that when they need to go to a a bunch of stores that birkdale doesn't have, they'd go to northlake. The trip will be fairly quick for times and days when 77 isn't stop-n-go.

This mall will probably draw many from the university area, northwest and north east charlotte, a little from the inner city/uptown, and a decent amount from the northern towns.

In many ways, northlake might be the closest to uptown from a time perspective in many cases. Even though my wife and i are not mall frequenters, we often go at season changes or to get specific things. We often go to different malls if selection is bad. So i'm sure northlake will be on our roster sometimes, too.

The stores in Birkdale Village probaby serve a different clientale and there are several thousand residences withing walking distance of the place. I think Banana Republic and the others will remain open. It is a testimate of the large number of people who are pouring into the Lake area. There was an article in the paper this past week that suggested there were already 90,000 people in the county north of the Huntersville city limits.

On a side note, I was over at BV today walking through the Greens @ Birkdale and had the feeling I was on the Truman Show. Kinda creepy for everything to look so neat and perfect.