Northlake Mall

What's up with Northlake- do we have info on sales per square foot or the like?

It's a basically brand-new mall- is the upscale part doing worse than the "urban" part?

I do believe sales per sq ft is $110. I've talked to the people at coach on the upsale part and they told me they were doing ok, but over all to me it seems urban is beating the upscale part, only because teens do tend to buy a lot of clothes where the older crowd is a bit more reserved with their money.

Yea it is low considering that on state average mall space per sq ft is $203.30. Now if you think I'm lying check out this website http://www.statemaster.com/graph/lif_sho_m...per-square-feet , shows the states by rank of how high everyone charges and NC just so happens to be #50 in price per sq ft and I think this info was back in 2005 but still you can check their source to see if its been updated since then. I'm 100% sure northlake charges $110 per sq ft because thats how much Ag 47 is paying when they decided to move.

Yea it is low considering that on state average mall space per sq ft is $203.30. Now if you think I'm lying check out this website http://www.statemaster.com/graph/lif_sho_m...per-square-feet , shows the states by rank of how high everyone charges and NC just so happens to be #50 in price per sq ft and I think this info was back in 2005 but still you can check their source to see if its been updated since then. I'm 100% sure northlake charges $110 per sq ft because thats how much Ag 47 is paying when they decided to move.
The source quoted is using some really weird verbage to describe their data. Sales per square foot is the typical way that sales are tracked. I'd find it very hard to believe that a mall the size and occupancy of Northlake with that caliber of stores was in the $100/sf range, even in the recession. $200/sf maybe, but not $100.

The source quoted is using some really weird verbage to describe their data. Sales per square foot is the typical way that sales are tracked. I'd find it very hard to believe that a mall the size and occupancy of Northlake with that caliber of stores was in the $100/sf range, even in the recession. $200/sf maybe, but not $100.

Ok well to find out just call Susan Bullock (hope its the leasing person) she will tell you how much it and the mall number is on the website so just call her and you shall know the truth. I'm pretty sure its $110 per sq ft and I'd even place money on that answer to be correct.

Ok well to find out just call Susan Bullock (hope its the leasing person) she will tell you how much it and the mall number is on the website so just call her and you shall know the truth. I'm pretty sure its $110 per sq ft and I'd even place money on that answer to be correct.

I hope not, thats very bad. There are some closings at SouthPark, but most of them have been filled. It sounds like Northlake is going downhill fast :( .

The national average for mall stores is $300/sf. I would be hard pressed to believe this mall is performing that much worse than average.

• 2 weeks later...

Its going to be very interesting when a lot of these 5 yr leases end from the stores that were with the mall since the start. Personally I think the mall will be coming to a end after that happens.

I know. I think that I would almost rather go to Carolina Place instead of here. Obviously, I would chose SouthPark over both of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really don't think it's doing that good either.

Let's not forget we are still in a recession......I just find it odd how for so long they were saying that North Charlotte had a "retail void" and now that its been 5 years since the mall opened there have been more closings than openings. Strange. :dontknow:

Let's not forget we are still in a recession......I just find it odd how for so long they were saying that North Charlotte had a "retail void" and now that its been 5 years since the mall opened there have been more closings than openings. Strange. :dontknow:

But most malls you go to are still really packed. It took 10 minutes to find a place at SouthPark, and 40 minutes just get from Peachtree & Lenox to the park at Macy's. At least 5 minutes to find a parking space at Haywood. Even our Asheville Mall 2-5 minutes on the weekend. Also, Haywood is getting Apple, maybe Anthropologie, etc. SouthPark got 7 for All Mankind, Tory Burch, etc. Lenox is getting a Fendi boutique and other stores.

• 3 months later...

Anything else closing? I don't really like this mall. SouthPark looks a lot nicer and so does the Haywood Mall (in my opinion). The anchor stores at Haywood are a lot more unique looking (Haven't ever seen a Belk or Macy's like it). I mean Northlake is okay, but I doubt I will ever go because I will always end up going to SouthPark instead. It's better than Carolina Place, but it's just okay. It seems like a lot of stores are closing, too.

Edited by ct36

There's nothing wrong with Northlake Mall. As you might imagine if you follow my posts, I still like SouthPark better, but Northlake is still an impressive mall.

Well there's nothing wrong with it, nor is it bad. However, it's really not anything special like SouthPark is. It's just not really a destination mall. It's like North Point Mall in Atlanta. It's nice, but nothing compared to Lenox or Phipps.

Anything else closing? I don't really like this mall. SouthPark looks a lot nicer and so does the Haywood Mall (in my opinion). The anchor stores at Haywood are a lot more unique looking (Haven't ever seen a Belk or Macy's like it). I mean Northlake is okay, but I doubt I will ever go because I will always end up going to SouthPark instead. It's better than Carolina Place, but it's just okay. It seems like a lot of stores are closing, too.

Where is Haywood Mall?