Cell Phone and Internet Outage

Mith242

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate ATT/Cingular and can not wait until the day that Verizon comes to NWA....I always have a ton of dropped calls now and stuff like this just makes me mad and I honestly don't understand why there is only 1 cable to and from the area...you'd think they would make is so stuff like this doesn't happen.

I hate ATT/Cingular and can not wait until the day that Verizon comes to NWA....I always have a ton of dropped calls now and stuff like this just makes me mad and I honestly don't understand why there is only 1 cable to and from the area...you'd think they would make is so stuff like this doesn't happen.

Verizon, along with Alltel and Sprint, use CDMA technology. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM. CDMA signal travels further than GSM and penetrates buildings and other obstructions much better than GSM. When I talk to people that are using AT&T, they will have full signal...but it will still be cutting out. The classic GSM "Slahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhslhhhhhh" sound drives me crazy. So, for those waiting for Verizon...it will be better. But, they use the same technology as Sprint and Alltel...which is already up there...so, why wait? I use Sprint and have no problems with signal Verizon is expanding rapidly with their native network...they use alltel for roaming, so you have signal everywhere in AR.

For those of you that love AT&T (formerly cingular) more power to you. CDMA is proven to be the better signal. It's funny. So many people have AT&T, but so many hate it. Most people only get it because people they know have it (for the m2m calls) I'll be glad when Verizon takes over the top spot again as the largest carrier, to knock AT&T down a notch or two. I mean, who needs to advertise that much? It's just annoying. Ok, I'm done with my rant.

The new G3 network will be fully launched in NWA this coming Wednesday. That means no more dropped callas around here anymore, it's just been realy hard for them to place towers in the right spots because of how hilly the terrain is. AT&T/ CINGULAR are having a big launch party for it. BTW G3 is only available in LARGE metros, so I'm guessin some corporate presence help with this!

AT&T/Cingular is just now getting to 3G in large metro areas. Everybody else has been at 3 and 3.5G on their entire network for over 3 years now. As a matter of fact, Sprint and Verizon are now going into 4G. AT&T is so far behind, because of the GSM technology they use. It has it's limits. It sucks that the new iphone is limited because of the network.

Archived