UP|Triad Downtown Project Rundown Maps

JerseyBoy

I thought it would be an interesting idea to plot all of the Triad's cities downtown projects on a new feature by Google that Neo has creativly implemented into UP. I must say after playing around with this for two or so hours that it's a great application and very easy to use! I'd like every major city in the Triad to have a map of their own so we could all look at what's going on in each other's cities. If a few of you (when you have the time :) ) feel like working on maps for your own city then I'll be more than happy to put them here on. I thought about doing one myself for Greensboro, but since I'm not really that familiar with what is going on with the exception of few projects I'm asking the help of the local G'boro forumers to put one together at your own convenience. Here is the downtown rundown map for Winston-Salem I created:

Yellow - Retail

Purple - Mixed-Use or Residential

Blue - Office

Green - Parks, Greenways, or Stadiums

Orange - Arts, University, Museum, or Theater

Teal - Transit or Street Connectivity

I still have a little work left to do on it like adding the links of topics discussing the projects on the map into the pinpoints. Can't wait to see what you guys create! :)

Here is the thread that explains how to create and upload your own map you created on Google:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/New-Feat...502#entry845502

• 4 years later...
  • 7 years later...