Cocaine Cowboys

UptownNewOrleans

CC---Buy-It-Now.jpg

This is one of the realest movies I have seen. I've watched it a dozen times since I bought it. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. You can get it online or at your local electronics store. South Florida natives already know about this movie since many of them lived through that era. It explains the history of Miami's drug industry and how it got to be the cocaine capital of America. What I like about this movie is that it's realistic. It has some of the major players in Miami's drug trade, including some Miami police officers. In one scene, Mickey Munday (transporter) has a boatload of coke and boldly rides past the US Coast Guard, asking him if he needed a ride; once he gives the officer a ride the officer was totally clueless that Munday had coke on the boat. The US Coast Guard officer knew but didn't care. A friend in Ft.Lauderdale put me up on this movie and since then I've been hooked. It's really educational because it makes you consider that in a way, cocaine saved Miami; that Miami was built with dope money. It should make many people think that some of the development going on in their city could be financed with drug money.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived