Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Construction Thread for roads and highways

6 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a roads and highways thread, so thought I'd start one.

Here is an article from the GV News about a redo of the US 25 / State 11 interchange. I'm familiar with that interchange, but can't picture (from reading the article), the plan. It's Friday, maybe I'm being dense today. :lol:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....EWS01/708240354

Forgive the crude drawing, but I don't have the best control with only a touchpad and no mouse.

They're proposing allowing southbound traffic to access SR 11 without having to cross US 25 and deal with oncoming traffic exiting SR 11.

Going from THIS:

US25SR11_Now.jpg

To THIS:

US25SR11_Proposed.jpg

Forgive the crude drawing, but I don't have the best control with only a touchpad and no mouse.

They're proposing allowing southbound traffic to access SR 11 without having to cross US 25 and deal with oncoming traffic exiting SR 11.

Going from THIS:

US25SR11_Now.jpg

To THIS:

US25SR11_Proposed.jpg

Are they going to allow access from Hwy 11 to 25 going south without having to cross 25 from the right hand side there. Would make sense to do that at the same time rather than only fixing half the problem.

Yes, there will be a new onramp for SC-11 to US-25 southbound traffic in addition to the offramp. It will be better than using the current one, stopping, and making a left turn over two lanes without a traffic signal.