Downtown Detroit Shopping

TheDetroitCity99

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It IS a good sign. I went to the hardrock cafe tonight and saw lots of people and cars in the streets, and it made me happy to see all that. But one thing I did notcie that wasn't good is that there aren't that many good shops in Downtown. Only in the RenCen can I find designers shops and If I get a condo I don't want to walk 25 minutes to get there.

I wonder how much of those basics are provided by Eastern Market? Maybe opening it 2 or 3 times a week instead of just sunday would help with that.

And really, it is to much to have to drive to the store in the suburbs to get a bottle of milk. That is the kind of thing the local milkman should be bringing to you (sarcasism, milk dosn't come in bottles anymore man).

Thanks

I wonder how much of those basics are provided by Eastern Market? Maybe opening it 2 or 3 times a week instead of just sunday would help with that.

And really, it is to much to have to drive to the store in the suburbs to get a bottle of milk. That is the kind of thing the local milkman should be bringing to you (sarcasism, milk dosn't come in bottles anymore man).

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

What I would do being a recent grad and finally on my own and independent would be to find a place within my price range given my salary, and ask the parents to put the 500k in the bank for you for your future. Thats just me though. Once im done with school and out on my own I wont be looking to my parents for anything.

If you wanna use that money towards city residence I would suggest waiting for the Broderick or 1001 Woodward.

I know, I'm lucky for most people in Michigan, but I'm from Oakand County so it's opposite of most of wayne. My parents say they want me out on my own so I thought, why not Downtown? I don't plan on spending all 500K on where I live, because I'm in need of a new car and a long awaited Vacation with friends. My mom is friends with Ashley Fitch, the grand daughter of one of the founders who started Abercrombie and Fitch. She's in town and we have a dinner planned friday and I'm going to try and convince her downtown is a good place for a store.

Some Detroiters already do shop those coveted names ^

In all seriousness though. A&F locate in areas that receive high volumes of commercial traffic. Downtown isn't one of them. Even on gamedays, the total number of pedestrians on 4 blocks of Woodward doesn't come close to the number of people walking around one of the suburban malls. So if the region (tourist traffic) can't support it, the city's residents experiencing the woes of economic crisis sure won't either.

Some Detroiters already do shop those coveted names ^

In all seriousness though. A&F locate in areas that receive high volumes of commercial traffic. Downtown isn't one of them. Even on gamedays, the total number of pedestrians on 4 blocks of Woodward doesn't come close to the number of people walking around one of the suburban malls. So if the region (tourist traffic) can't support it, the city's residents experiencing the woes of economic crisis sure won't either.

I am so ashamed. I signed up for a Macey's card this weekend when I bought a suit. :( I told myself I would never do that...hypocrite me.

I got a killer suit on sale though...that's evil talking, by the way.

If Macey's opens downtown like a rumored department store is suppose to, then I will reconcile those negative thoughts. :)

I am so ashamed. I signed up for a Macey's card this weekend when I bought a suit. :( I told myself I would never do that...hypocrite me.

I got a killer suit on sale though...that's evil talking, by the way.

If Macey's opens downtown like a rumored department store is suppose to, then I will reconcile those negative thoughts. :)

Archived