Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSP Tiger

[Iva] Supermarket Rumor

5 posts in this topic

Anderson Independent-Mail: AIM recently reported a rumor Piggly Wiggly was considering a location in Iva, but nothing is official.

The immediate Iva-Starr area presently has a strong base to support a supermarket and pharmacy, and have been forgotten by local notable chains (i.e. Bi-Lo, CVS, Fred's, Ingle's). I suspect one of the aforementioned chains will arrive sooner knowing Piggly Wiggly lacks much interest in upper state South Carolina.

I was in Iva not too long ago and a native told me that Ingles was planning to come in but the spot they wanted was being sold for an astronimical amount....much more than they wanted to pay.

Oh and by the way....There is already a Freds in Iva.

Any rumor where Ingle's was considering building?

Fred's must have recently opened up as the location is not yet on their store locator.

Yes....Freds is brand new there in Iva. Not sure about the specific site for Ingles, it was South of town though. Like I said, they are not doing it anymore. The guy wanted way too much for his land...at least thats what I heard from business owners down there.

Fred's presence will provide some basic items the area needs for now, and the need for a supermarket is known.