The future is looking up at the Highland Mall

Ptripp

With the news article just in about a massive plan to revitilize the Highland Mall, I think the malls best is yet to come. The Bass Pro Shop is planning to locate at the mall probally in the new lifestyle center planned where the vacant anchor store is now. The article said the new "Highland Prominade" is to be complete with restuarants, shops and 4 highrise towers. A hotel, office and two condo towers will surround the lifestyle area of the mall. General Growth is also looking into the possibility of loft apartments above the shops and restaurants in the prominade. I look forward to the inside makeover that the mall has badly needed over the last 15 years. The mall make over should be complete by the end of 2009. This will surely revive this part of Austin. I hope the resturants going in will be new to the area though this will make the Highlands Mall Austins dominant mall. This news has been kept low key but expect a big anouncement sometime in mid September.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the news article just in about a massive plan to revitilize the Highland Mall, I think the malls best is yet to come. The Bass Pro Shop is planning to locate at the mall probally in the new lifestyle center planned where the vacant anchor store is now. The article said the new "Highland Prominade" is to be complete with restuarants, shops and 4 highrise towers. A hotel, office and two condo towers will surround the lifestyle area of the mall. General Growth is also looking into the possibility of loft apartments above the shops and restaurants in the prominade. I look forward to the inside makeover that the mall has badly needed over the last 15 years. The mall make over should be complete by the end of 2009. This will surely revive this part of Austin. I hope the resturants going in will be new to the area though this will make the Highlands Mall Austins dominant mall. This news has been kept low key but expect a big anouncement sometime in mid September.

I still donot know how to post pics on here but Visit My Website where I saved this pic from the statsmn news of what the redevelopment is suppose to look like. You have to have a facebook account to view it. If anyone can help me post this pic here in the discussion so everyone can view it that would be greatly appreciated.

Archived