Where's Matt?

Maybe you have noticed Matt hasn't been around as much. He's been focusing more on work and I guess it's paid off. He's heading overseas now. But with all that going on he hasn't had much time to be here and has stepped down as moderator. Many of you probably weren't around in the early days. Matt showed up before there was a NWA forum, even before there was an Arkansas forum. He was made the moderator of the Arkansas forum when it was formed and then the NWA forum when it was formed as well. I just wanted to thank Matt for the work and effort he's put into the forum. It's not the same without him. Anyway thanks for the good job here and congratulations and good luck overseas. Hope you stop by every once in a while to see what's going on in your old metro. :thumbsup::D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll add my appreciation for a job well done, Matt. I also hope that he'll continue to contribute when possible. When you say overseas the first thing that comes to my mind these days is military service. Is that the case or is it just personal business? Good luck in any case.

I'll add my appreciation for a job well done, Matt. I also hope that he'll continue to contribute when possible. When you say overseas the first thing that comes to my mind these days is military service. Is that the case or is it just personal business? Good luck in any case.

I would like to say, thankyou to everyone who has made this forum so successful and to everyone who has been such a good friend to me over these years. This forum has been a special part of my life for quite a while and I thank everyone for making the moderator job such an enjoyable experience. It seems like such a long time ago when Me, Rod, and a few others regularly chatted about Arkansas topics in the Southern Forum. What started as a simple idea to create an Arkansas forum with 10 topics has turned into one of the top and most succesful forums on Urban Planet. Everyone on staff thought the idea of a NW Arkansas forum was ludacris, yet at one time, we had the highest per capita posters and posts on UP of any metro forum. As Rod has told you all, I have accepted a promotion overseas in the Netherlands. I have much to do before I leave in December such as finding a flat, getting a visa, selling my house, government papers, language learning, etc. Although I would love to continue my Moderating abilites abroad, I don't think that it's practical and logical for me to continue my post. As well, I would like to share this special privaledge of being a Moderator to someone else, so they may help the forum grow and so they may share their ideas to others. This whole situation has been the most difficult decision I've ever had to make.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT GROUP!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whoa there. Congrats. Sounds like an exciting life.

And life continues its incessant, indifferent beat....

I remember those early days as well. It's interesting to think how large this forum has gotten. Since then, I've gone from a junior in high school to a sophomore in college... I remember when we first rallied to get our own Arkansas board. It was a matter of pride, perhaps necessity.

Congrats on the NWA board as well (that goes to all of you), particularly Rod and Matt. You guys did a lot of the early heavy lifting and ensured its success. (Mith and Matt put together make up 23,000 posts! Damn.)

So it's been what? Over 2 years? Where will be in another 2?

Whoa there. Congrats. Sounds like an exciting life.

And life continues its incessant, indifferent beat....

I remember those early days as well. It's interesting to think how large this forum has gotten. Since then, I've gone from a junior in high school to a sophomore in college... I remember when we first rallied to get our own Arkansas board. It was a matter of pride, perhaps necessity.

Congrats on the NWA board as well (that goes to all of you), particularly Rod and Matt. You guys did a lot of the early heavy lifting and ensured its success. (Mith and Matt put together make up 23,000 posts! Damn.)

So it's been what? Over 2 years? Where will be in another 2?

I always thought Dutch was an interesting language. For quite a while I focused more on other Germanic languages because that's where my ancestry is. I don't have Dutch ancestry but I like the 'feel' of it. Ironically I don't seem to be having much difficulty figuring out what you guys are saying.

• 5 months later...
Hey Matt, welcome back. How's things over there? Things have been pretty slow over here. Winter is usually a slow time in general and this winter has been worse than usual. For the first time since I can remember the economy seems to be having some negative affects in the area. Sometimes it seems most of the news about developments tends to be bad, as in future developments being canceled and such. Anyway when you get the chance tell us about life over in the Netherlands.

Welcome home, Matt. Development around is is mostly on hold it seems. Besides debating the pro and cons of where the new Fayetteville High is to be located or speed tables there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about. :rolleyes:

The Steps on Joyce was announced after the developer got Johnson to approve a TIF district for it. The rendering that was published showed a multi-story building with it but no details.

It would be neat for you to post some from The Netherlands- at least I would be interested in reading what is happening even if only development wise. I imagine development there is a whole different story- I guess it's all RE-development in a place like that.

Yeah the Netherlands is a lot different. They also have some very interesting developments and architecture there. Rotterdam has always impressed me from what I've seen of it in pictures. But like we've said, things are sorta slow here. Even more so than the general slow winter period. Barber has been having a lot of problems. Renaissance still seems to be on hold at the moment. Here in Fayetteville the Lofts at Underwood Plaza and the 5 West Mountain development seem to be the only things going on right now.

Welcome home, Matt. Development around is is mostly on hold it seems. Besides debating the pro and cons of where the new Fayetteville High is to be located or speed tables there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about. :rolleyes:

The Steps on Joyce was announced after the developer got Johnson to approve a TIF district for it. The rendering that was published showed a multi-story building with it but no details.

It would be neat for you to post some from The Netherlands- at least I would be interested in reading what is happening even if only development wise. I imagine development there is a whole different story- I guess it's all RE-development in a place like that.

Archived