Sixth Street Questions

thewizard16

Well, I'm sure if I had endless time I could find similar questions, but I'll start a new thread to get some questions out there.

One: What's going on with the "townhouses" on sixth street before you get to School Ave? They made some streets and dirt work, but I haven't heard of major progress in a while.

Two: What is going in where they just tore down the old car-wash at the intersection of Sixth and Razorback? I fear it may be more strip mall, but was wondering if anyone knew anything.

Three: There is a brand new strip mall on Sixth directly across from Lowe's with not even a hint of any activity. Is it that they've finally run out of demand for strip-mall units, or is there something else planned?

Those are the ones on the top of my head right now. Feel free to answer and ask more as you think of them.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm sure if I had endless time I could find similar questions, but I'll start a new thread to get some questions out there.

One: What's going on with the "townhouses" on sixth street before you get to School Ave? They made some streets and dirt work, but I haven't heard of major progress in a while.

Two: What is going in where they just tore down the old car-wash at the intersection of Sixth and Razorback? I fear it may be more strip mall, but was wondering if anyone knew anything.

Three: There is a brand new strip mall on Sixth directly across from Lowe's with not even a hint of any activity. Is it that they've finally run out of demand for strip-mall units, or is there something else planned?

Those are the ones on the top of my head right now. Feel free to answer and ask more as you think of them.

There seems to be a ton of development along 6th street currently. With Chick-Fil-A, Zaxby's, Krystal, Popeys, and probably a few other that I am forgetting in the restaurant category. Then a couple of newer hotels and apartment complexes as well as 2 or 3 commercial centers/strip malls. This area seems to be one of the hottest areas in the metro right now. It won't be long until 6th street is completely developed all the way to Farmington.

There seems to be a ton of development along 6th street currently. With Chick-Fil-A, Zaxby's, Krystal, Popeys, and probably a few other that I am forgetting in the restaurant category. Then a couple of newer hotels and apartment complexes as well as 2 or 3 commercial centers/strip malls. This area seems to be one of the hottest areas in the metro right now. It won't be long until 6th street is completely developed all the way to Farmington.

Here's a layout of the Aspen Ridge development I found on the internet. Apparently this development involves Hank Broyles who recently bought into the Metro District Condos (formerly Spring Street Lofts).

plat.jpg

Here's a link with more info.

http://www.aspen-ridge.info/pages/the_development/index.html

Overall what I'm seeing on the internet is that the opposition is mainly coming from people who live near this development and have been complaining about it's impact on that area and Town Branch Creek. Hard for me to tell if there's real reason for concern or if this is just a case of people not wanting this development in 'their backyard'.

does anyone know what's happening on 6th/huntsville rd. just on the west side of that thrift store/ barbershop complex that's for sale? i think the thrift store is named "hidden treasures" or some such. also, there are some small condos that have gone up between willow and s. washington steets on sixth. they are in a cheap, pre-fab metal building that looks just like a barn or body shop. i hope they look better on the inside. this part of sixth has some decent action and lots of potential.

does anyone know what's happening on 6th/huntsville rd. just on the west side of that thrift store/ barbershop complex that's for sale? i think the thrift store is named "hidden treasures" or some such. also, there are some small condos that have gone up between willow and s. washington steets on sixth. they are in a cheap, pre-fab metal building that looks just like a barn or body shop. i hope they look better on the inside. this part of sixth has some decent action and lots of potential.

Archived