Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrox

Pyramid Bid

9 posts in this topic

It is really a shame that Bass Pro has left Memphis exactly where they left Buffalo: hanging with what they thought was an agreement to take over their sports arena. I do not know why the city don't just cut ties after at least 2 or more years of a large bait and tackle shop idea. We should have just gave it to the Movie Company. I know they wanted a little money but at least they were serious Bass Pro screwed Buffalo and now us! All my previous post say I thought it was a joke! And it is!

What exactly is the Movie Company and what did they want to do with the Pyramid? I didn't realize there had ever been a viable alternative offer to Bass Pro's.

What exactly is the Movie Company and what did they want to do with the Pyramid? I didn't realize there had ever been a viable alternative offer to Bass Pro's.

I dont think it was an hq, but definitely operations. VR is out of Australia, and I would've remembered if they were interested in moving their hq out of there. IRRC, even w/o the Pyramid they were headed here, but something went wrong, or they weren't serious. Effem.

It is really a shame that Bass Pro has left Memphis exactly where they left Buffalo: hanging with what they thought was an agreement to take over their sports arena. I do not know why the city don't just cut ties after at least 2 or more years of a large bait and tackle shop idea. We should have just gave it to the Movie Company. I know they wanted a little money but at least they were serious Bass Pro screwed Buffalo and now us! All my previous post say I thought it was a joke! And it is!

I dont think it was an hq, but definitely operations. VR is out of Australia, and I would've remembered if they were interested in moving their hq out of there. IRRC, even w/o the Pyramid they were headed here, but something went wrong, or they weren't serious. Effem.

Clobber, What I remember was that Village Roadshow was looking for a place for their US headquarters and Connecticut passed a huge benefit package to have them move their headquarters there. I think that Connecticut doubled what Louisiana is offering.

I don't remember specifics, but my recollection is that Village Roadshow asked for far more than what the city/county was willing to offer. Basically, Village Roadshow is going around creating bidding wars between cities and states and Memphis decided to fold early. I really can't say I blame Memphis for that.

I would have paid a movie studio millions to have them relocate their facilities of any scope to this city, it's much better than putting a BassPro Mega Store in such an iconic structure.