Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebeerqueer

Donated image

9 posts in this topic

Take yourself out to Butterworth just west of the Kent County Parks dept site. (Take a camera with you.)

No royalty worries.

HTH

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try. I'm also hoping to snap a photo from Bridge St. Hill for that, Eastbound I-196 by Lake Michigan Drive, view.

I'd recommend driving to the end of Sunset Ave to get a photo instead of stopping on the shoulder of the freeway or trying to take a photo while driving.

Thanks for the suggestion highwayguy, that does sound a lot safer than pulling over on the highway.

I've got some I've taken if you wanna take a look. I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination and my camera is sub par but if they can be used, especially for a good cause, I'm all for it.

PM if you are interested. (They are online but accessing them would either requiring registering for a Facebook account or linking to a competing board...which is frowned upon).

Go later in the day so that the sun is shining on downtown (and not behind downtown from that angle). Makes for better lighting. If you can catch a sunset reflecting on the glass buildings downtown, that is a fabulous shot.

You can see a recent shot from Sunset Ave on the city of Grand Rapids website, with the sun shining ON the West face of all the buildings:

http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/

No way! I mentioned that to someone last year... guess someone heard. None of the TV outlets enjoy our skyline. :( WZZM does get points for having it as their backdrop though.