Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rardy

Louisiana town bans bicycles

7 posts in this topic

Mayor Freddie Boswell and the city council of New Llano (pop. 2,300, between Leesville & Fort Polk) is banning all non-motorized wheeled vehicles including bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards.

During Tuesday's Town Council meeting, Councilman Charles Balthrop introduced an ordinance that will prohibit the use of skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, bicycles, etc. anywhere in the corporate limits of the Town of New Llano with the exception of the individual's private property.

None of the items listed above are to be used in or around any area of the New Llano Community Park, on any road or street, or on any public property or business/ commercial property.

New Llano Mayor Freddie Boswell said the reason they introduced the ordinance is because the town is being victimized by vandals.

That's just STUPID! Your right Rardy, it's most ridiculous thing ever!

Did we really need anything else to set Louisiana back 100 years in the nation's perception?

Get real! I hope some large bicycle club from Shreveport, Baton Rouge, or New Orleans organizes and rides right through that stupid town. In fact, let's get bicycle clubs from ALL the state's major cities and merge them into one giant club of THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of cyclists and organize a ride-through.

That really HAS to be the stupidest law I have run across in a long time. What exactly are they trying to accomplish? Is this constitutional? I hope it is challenged soon.

This is ridiculous. If you want to do something to stop the vandals from destroying town property, in force the laws that are always on the books instead of banning anything with wheels that is not connected to a motor.

:blink: That is ridiculuos. The vandals can still very well go to the sites and continue and with out something to do, the vandals will probably vandalize more.