Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

'Tasty' Water, Beaver Lake turning over

8 posts in this topic

I know we've talked about this before but I can't find where exactly. I've noticed the water starting to smell and taste a bit odd. Just that time of year as the lake turns over. But I'm a bit surprised. Usually it's after some big changes in temperature. But I don't think we've really had any cool weather yet.

I know we've talked about this before but I can't find where exactly. I've noticed the water starting to smell and taste a bit odd. Hust that time of year as the lake turns over. But I'm a bit surprised. Usually it's after some big changes in temperature. But I don't think we've really had any cool weather yet.

Are you talking about tap water? I haven't notice any odd smell, but my sense of smell is diminished. I don't drink tap water so I'm not sure about the taste.

Yeah the tap water. Even if I don't drink it I can still smell it. Especially taking a shower and such. I know this happens twice a year. I'm just a little surprised at it happening now before we've had some temp differences.

It is horrible. I went to the Restaurant on the Corner yesterday for lunch and tried to have iced tea. That was a mistake! They recommended that I get a soda so I changed. Still seems a little early for this to take place, oh well maybe it means an early and snowy winter...I can dream can't I?

Man you'd think that they would filter their water or something. It's not like this rarely ever happens, it's twice each year. You'd think a restaurant would realize that and not make that mistake. I have no idea what the water turning over like this means. Aside from that one really hot week overall temps have been somewhat constant. It hasn't cooled down that much either. It's just weird.

Is it just the water in Fayetteville? My wife can smell things much better than I can and she says the water doesn't have a smell at all or at least hasn't changed any. I may have to ask some friends and co-workers about the water where they live.

Is it just the water in Fayetteville? My wife can smell things much better than I can and she says the water doesn't have a smell at all or at least hasn't changed any. I may have to ask some friends and co-workers about the water where they live.