Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

So what should be done about BR High School?

I go there actually and I think it's time to build a new school. All the rooms are packed to capacity and the hallways are entirely too crowded.I one of my classes students have to sit in chairs next to other student's desks(I made sure to get me a desk though :P). The building is so old. The first time you enter it smells like a pet store. I think a new school needs to be built for sure and the current building sold to a private developer. Of course by the time that happes I will have already graduated. <_<

Edited by dan326

I go there actually and I think it's time to build a new school. All the rooms are packed to capacity and the hallways are entirely too crowded.I one of my classes students have to sit in chairs next to other student's desks(I made sure to get me a desk though :P). The building is so old. The first time you enter it smells like a pet store. I think a new school needs to be built for sure and the current building sold to a private developer. Of course by the time that happes I will have already graduated. <_<

I understand what you are saying Dan. Being an Alumni for only two years, I remember the crowded halls and dusk filled class rooms very well. But I have a pride for my school and I feel that destroying or moving this school will wipe out not only my pride but that of others. The defects of Baton Rouge high can be fixed. Being the top school in the parish and one of the top in the state I don't see why the discussion of tearing it down is even being discussed. This building contains an architecture that none of the new schools contain today. I think that the school should be renovated no matter what the cost is, and I know that if the alumni has to, they will be willing to help raise money to keep this school as is. Lets not destroy something that is already having so much success with what it currently has.

Edited by bobby255BR

Wait a second... CC's Coffee is part of the Community Coffee brand?? I had no idea...

Yes CC's is Community Coffee. They recently changed their name to better identify the relationship because many people didn't know. Folks right here in BR were unaware. The crazy thing is, they ONLY sell Community Coffee in their shops.

That's a tricky situation; hopefully they can restore the old BRHS. I like the location where it is now in the heart of mid-city. Where might there be a better location???

I like the childrens museum idea too. Will that be located in City Park or downtown?? Maybe the main library needs to have a childrens museum attached??

Guess who's back?

Richard Condon's going to be back on the air on 1210 am from 4-6, M-F starting next Monday.

The guy is one of the funniest and wittiest on air talent ever on BR radio.

http://www.thescore1210.com/cc-common/main...article=2602405

Glad to see Rich will be back on the air. Going head to head with his boy Jimmy Ott. This will be a nice ratings race for sports talk radio.

Yeah Richard Condon has a love/hate relationship with BR. I'm glad he's back, thanks for the heads up! A few years ago I saw him at a Kingfish hockey contest; complimented he and his family...he came back with a bag of peanut M & M's. He's a nice guy who speaks his mind.

Yes indeed Drew...ESPN Gameday is BIG for BR and LSU and for Louisiana!!! There's a BUZZ in the air!!! Two Top 10 teams with monster defenses! LSU wins 20-10!

Yeah Richard Condon has a love/hate relationship with BR. I'm glad he's back, thanks for the heads up! A few years ago I saw him at a Kingfish hockey contest; complimented he and his family...he came back with a bag of peanut M & M's. He's a nice guy who speaks his mind.

Yes indeed Drew...ESPN Gameday is BIG for BR and LSU and for Louisiana!!! There's a BUZZ in the air!!! Two Top 10 teams with monster defenses! LSU wins 20-10!

they'll be back in BR for LSU VS FLA

I don't want the school to be torn down ,but I don't have any attachment to it so I think a new school would be ideal. I like the museum idea.

I have to agree with many of you, I'd hate to see the building torn down. I love the architecture of the building. Even if they don't use it for a school the building should definitely stay. I think the museum idea is a great one. They could incorporate the building into so many differenty things. The possibilities are endless. I'd be happy even if a developer would buy it and turn it into condos, as long as the building stays.