Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

On 9/15/2016 at 5:12 PM, dan326 said:

OK, so I have an insane theory about the flood. What if they used a weather machine like supposedly HAARP can do to cause the area to flood. Some of my evidence is that:

*The way the President accidentally called Baton Rouge New Orleans the first time he visited

*Couple that with the fact that Beyonce was drowning in "New Orleans" in her "Formation" video. Couple that with the way the video also depicted a police situation like the Alton Sterling thing (clues to future events?)

*Then consider how the Mayor's catch phrase is "America's Next Great City". Maybe he made a deal with John Bel and the President during their late night limousine rode to transform BR into the next great city which is why he's been ashamed to show his face on TV recently

The way I figure it, mostly middle and low income people will be affected because they will be least likely to rebuild. Then the big developers will be able to buy up all the depreciated land in Central and Livingston with trailers and piecemeal developments and redevelop it with tightly packed, high end development. 

If you think about it it's the perfect spot for something like this, development that is. It's closer and has more available land than Ascension and is along I-12. And it'd really pay off if Disney was seriously looking to build a park because they will have a lot of cheap depreciated land and people would welcome them because a lot of businesses were lost.

Then consider this Business Report article stating how the Millerville development at Old Hammond will be purged and redeveloped:

https://www.businessreport.com/business/tenants-one-baton-rouge-shopping-center-lost-leases-flood-entire-neighborhood-losing-local-businesses-helped-create-sense-community

The tenants of one Baton Rouge shopping center have lost their leases after the flood—and an entire neighborhood is losing the local businesses that helped create a sense of community

"Never Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste"...could apply here...as a fairly known politician once said several years back that was a real eye opener & ingrained in my cranium

Yeah Dan326...good stuff!  We could talk hours on this "Smoke-n-Mirrors" subject :ph34r:....may have to PM you...bec this stuff is controversial & deep...however this would be on the web (don't trust it)...maybe best to have discussion in person  like UP does w Nashville members; they will hang out & have monthly meetings sometimes

I do realize HAARP is "Powerful"....BUT....can't see humans being able to control weather like that....with the Tragic/Dark events that unfolded back n July...some say this was a "Cleansing" Noah's Ark style w Epic Flood of 16'.....& that's harder to argue...:shok:

Compromising between the brilliant urban-minds here....would like to see BR with a "Blend of BOTH".....Some "Density" like Seattle(or even NOLA) ...however seeing a few years ago the 6-story Capitol Lofts REJECTED bec of Spanish Town residents bec the neighborhood would be too crowded....let me know  this is truly an "Overgrown-Country-Town"/ BR doesn't know what "Density" means...that was the perfect project overlooking Arsenal Park in the shadows of the Capitol....

If Antrell likes Seattle..he should love the new Library @ North Blvd Town Square....it's a mini-version of Seattle's Main Library:shades:

AND....like the mixed-use Live/Work/Play developments lining the North Dallas Tollway along Plano/Addison/Frisco....nice little skylines evolving....The Grove/Willow Grove is a nice start...the Medical Corridor/aka Health District would be ideal!  Esp across Mall of La on Bluebonnet near BR General

What the Woodlands has done is very impressive...hotels/office towers/Mall/Residential mid/high-rises & Music Paviilion along the Waterway complete w Water Taxi is sweet!

Thanks for you response Richy. Now all we need is Cajuns input.

It's definitely a lot going on. That's a good idea Richy, you seem to have a lot of info to share. :)

I could see that too. And we've been blessed because neither times did the situation devolve into chaos like it could have so hopefully we've passed the "tests".

Good points about development. Took a sight seeing tour to Magnolia Square in Central and it's giving Willow Grove a run for its money. Can't wait to see how Show Creek will turn out.

20 hours ago, dan326 said:

Thanks for you response Richy. Now all we need is Cajuns input.

You posted a theory that the government controls the weather and want my input?  I think you are doing just fine with that imagination of yours.  :D

That is what you meant, right? 

Edited by cajun

On 9/19/2016 at 11:02 AM, dan326 said:

One thing I hope they continue to do is build and rebuild schools like they did for Lee High. I think that would be a population growth draw.

I was just thinking about that today. Would be awesome if they could rebuild Istrouma, Capitol, and McKinley like they did Lee High. Would do alot for Mid-City and OSBR.

On 9/19/2016 at 4:22 PM, richyb83 said:

"Never Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste"...could apply here...as a fairly known politician once said several years back that was a real eye opener & ingrained in my cranium

Yeah Dan326...good stuff!  We could talk hours on this "Smoke-n-Mirrors" subject :ph34r:....may have to PM you...bec this stuff is controversial & deep...however this would be on the web (don't trust it)...maybe best to have discussion in person  like UP does w Nashville members; they will hang out & have monthly meetings sometimes

I do realize HAARP is "Powerful"....BUT....can't see humans being able to control weather like that....with the Tragic/Dark events that unfolded back n July...some say this was a "Cleansing" Noah's Ark style w Epic Flood of 16'.....& that's harder to argue...:shok:

Compromising between the brilliant urban-minds here....would like to see BR with a "Blend of BOTH".....Some "Density" like Seattle(or even NOLA) ...however seeing a few years ago the 6-story Capitol Lofts REJECTED bec of Spanish Town residents bec the neighborhood would be too crowded....let me know  this is truly an "Overgrown-Country-Town"/ BR doesn't know what "Density" means...that was the perfect project overlooking Arsenal Park in the shadows of the Capitol....

If Antrell likes Seattle..he should love the new Library @ North Blvd Town Square....it's a mini-version of Seattle's Main Library:shades:

AND....like the mixed-use Live/Work/Play developments lining the North Dallas Tollway along Plano/Addison/Frisco....nice little skylines evolving....The Grove/Willow Grove is a nice start...the Medical Corridor/aka Health District would be ideal!  Esp across Mall of La on Bluebonnet near BR General

What the Woodlands has done is very impressive...hotels/office towers/Mall/Residential mid/high-rises & Music Paviilion along the Waterway complete w Water Taxi is sweet!

I do believe that we can certainly influence weather, if not control it. I can do conspiracy theories all night. 

The last rendering of the downtown library we saw wasn't the final design was it? The demographics of Spanish Town are mostly older people who've lived there for decades, so that's pretty telling. Would have fit nicely though. 

Although The Grove is really nice, that kind of thing could have transformed a few inner-city blocks. Like what New Orleans did with South Market District. But that's just my crazy fantasy. 

12 hours ago, Antrell Williams said:

I was just thinking about that today. Would be awesome if they could rebuild Istrouma, Capitol, and McKinley like they did Lee High. Would do alot for Mid-City and OSBR.

I think McKinley is supposed to get upgrades soon.   Maybe I'm thinking of something else.  

I had no idea we had so many tin foil hat people here.   Government sponsored weather?!?  Next thing you guys are going to tell me is that Elivs is still alive, the Pentagon created AIDS, some nonsense about Chemtrails, that the Moon landing was fake, that Les Miles can read a clock, or that Hillary Clinton is a decent human being.    All of that has been debunked. 

By the way, anyone know where I can find an inundation map from the recent floods?

Edited by cajun

8 hours ago, cajun said:

I had no idea we had so many tin foil hat people here.   Government sponsored weather?!?  Next thing you guys are going to tell me is that Elivs is still alive, the Pentagon created AIDS, some nonsense about Chemtrails, that the Moon landing was fake, that Les Miles can read a clock, or that Hillary Clinton is a decent human being.    All of that has been debunked. 

By the way, anyone know where I can find an inundation map from the recent floods?

LOL!!

http://www.theadvocate.com/louisiana_flood_2016/article_b6aae68c-6952-11e6-9dd9-dfb229b90b79.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/weather_traffic/article_61a4103c-60d8-11e6-831b-9fc5381451c0.html

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Antrell Williams said:

I do believe that we can certainly influence weather, if not control it. I can do conspiracy theories all night. 

The last rendering of the downtown library we saw wasn't the final design was it? 

Although The Grove is really nice, that kind of thing could have transformed a few inner-city blocks. Like what New Orleans did with South Market District. But that's just my crazy fantasy. 

Yes, maybe this is blessing in disguise for the schools that needed renovations anyway.

Yes, the metallic papercraft looking design is the final design.

10 hours ago, cajun said:

I think McKinley is supposed to get upgrades soon.   Maybe I'm thinking of something else.  

That would be nice to see. 

10 hours ago, cajun said:

I know a guy who knows a guy who would prove all that wrong. :lol:

2 hours ago, dan326 said:

Yes, maybe this is blessing in disguise for the schools that needed renovations anyway.

Yes, the metallic papercraft looking design is the final design.

Ehh. Hopefully it looks better in real life.

11 hours ago, all2neat said:

Dan, I was thinking the same thing. My only question, when building a tinfoil hat, is the Sams club brand just as effective Reynolds Wrap brand?

LOL! Actually no, I read all the merchandise in Walmart's warehouses have charms and hexes placed on them before they're shipped out to be sold. It's probably better to order organic foil from online.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2016 at 10:59 AM, dan326 said:

LOL! Actually no, I read all the merchandise in Walmart's warehouses have charms and hexes placed on them before they're shipped out to be sold. It's probably better to order organic foil from online.

I have to agree with dan here.  If you are going to wear a tin foil hat, it's best to go organic.  

• Like 2

I guess not. I wonder if this is permanent or just until the stadium is renovated...

Bayou Country Superfest moving to New Orleans, Superdome in 2017

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/music/article_f2d72602-84c8-11e6-b679-b3d0b2a92ff0.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

After seven years at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, the Bayou Country Superfest is moving to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

The event will still span three days over Memorial Day weekend; the 2017 dates are May 26-28. However, the first day, on Friday, May 26, will consist of a free show in Champions Square, the outdoor venue adjacent to the Superdome. Champions Square will also host the daytime "fan fest" on Saturday and Sunday.

Baton Rouge loses Bayou Country Superfest to New Orleans

https://www.businessreport.com/article/baton-rouge-loses-bayou-country-superfest-new-orleans

Edited by dan326

14 hours ago, dan326 said:

Well, 3 catastrophes in 1 summer: the shooting, the flood and Les Miles getting fired. Hopefully this is it.

Yeah Dan....Been a rough 2016 in general(amongst other stuff)...lost my Dad to Dementia back in Spring..he simply wouldn't eat anymore...thanks for the advice you gave me when we discussed his condition...then all of the Summer stuff

I realize racism exist on both sides..but really thought race relations had improved/come a long way over the years...but most of the national Media is doing their best to rip everybody apart

Les Miles was  going to be fired last November after the A&M game...but the Governor blocked it with state budget crisis...what a mess!

At least we finally have some cooler Fall temps on the way...we deserve that...along with plenty dry weather :D

Edited by richyb83

On 9/19/2016 at 4:22 PM, richyb83 said:

Yeah Dan326...good stuff!  We could talk hours on this "Smoke-n-Mirrors" subject :ph34r:....may have to PM you...bec this stuff is controversial & deep...however this would be on the web (don't trust it)...maybe best to have discussion in person  like UP does w Nashville members; they will hang out & have monthly meetings sometimhan

Sounds like a good idea, we all might could meet up one day. :thumbsup:

Edited by dan326
  • Like 2

On 9/27/2016 at 11:27 AM, dan326 said:

I guess not. I wonder if this is permanent or just until the stadium is renovated...

Bayou Country Superfest moving to New Orleans, Superdome in 2017

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/music/article_f2d72602-84c8-11e6-b679-b3d0b2a92ff0.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

After seven years at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, the Bayou Country Superfest is moving to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

The event will still span three days over Memorial Day weekend; the 2017 dates are May 26-28. However, the first day, on Friday, May 26, will consist of a free show in Champions Square, the outdoor venue adjacent to the Superdome. Champions Square will also host the daytime "fan fest" on Saturday and Sunday.

Baton Rouge loses Bayou Country Superfest to New Orleans

https://www.businessreport.com/article/baton-rouge-loses-bayou-country-superfest-new-orleans

IMO, this is worse than loosing Les Miles.

16 hours ago, dan326 said:

Sounds like a good idea, we all mighty could meet up one day. :thumbsup:

An Urban Planet meet up would be the most lit thing ever.

I thought about posting an article on Louisiana's opioid problem here.  I decided it would be more appropriate elsewhere and instead started a thread in the Louisiana topic board about a major problem facing the state today.    If you have time, peruse the article I posted there at your leisure.   It's something that warrants discussion and will be an issue for a while.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

Aside form the surrounding demographic does anyone know why some areas seem to be nicer than others? What I mean is, what determines the architecture, landscape, etc of an area: the developers, city codes, a mix or other things? I was just wondering because to refer back to my trip to Dallas, in the newer areas even a lot of "common" places like Walmart and Mcdonalds were sort of dressed up (does anyone remember how they were supposed to build the Bluebonnet Walmart in an LSU style)? Another example is CVS which seemed to dress-up their New Orleans location and even has a bit of a different design in their new Zachary location but used the basic design for the locations in front of Bon Carre and by LSU nortgate. Its this the effect that overlay districts try to achieve?

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 9:45 AM, dan326 said:

Aside form the surrounding demographic does anyone know why some areas seem to be nicer than others? What I mean is, what determines the architecture, landscape, etc of an area: the developers, city codes, a mix or other things? I was just wondering because to refer back to my trip to Dallas, in the newer areas even a lot of "common" places like Walmart and Mcdonalds were sort of dressed up (does anyone remember how they were supposed to build the Bluebonnet Walmart in an LSU style)? Another example is CVS which seemed to dress-up their New Orleans location and even has a bit of a different design in their new Zachary location but used the basic design for the locations in front of Bon Carre and by LSU nortgate. Its this the effect that overlay districts try to achieve?

Zoning language, building codes, landscape requirements, sign/advertisement restrictions, and design requirements do that.  

• 2 weeks later...

Louisiana finally has a "real" international flight. What do you think this means for Baton Rouge?

Airport, British Airways make it official: New Orleans to London flights to start in 2017

After a four-year courtship, New Orleans airport officials made it official Thursday, announcing that British Airways will begin offering nonstop flights to and from London starting in March.

The flights, slated to begin March 27, will connect New Orleans to London's Heathrow Airport four times per week.

+5
102116 NO to London flight
BY DAN SWENSON | The Advocate

They're scheduled to leave London at 3:40 p.m. and arrive in New Orleans at 7:40 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Departing flights will leave New Orleans at 9:10 p.m. on the same days and arrive in London at noon the next day.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/business/article_3c251ff0-9651-11e6-bf51-437f2d6c71b5.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

Edited by dan326