Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have Shaq's number? Maybe he can help jump start a residential boom downtown. ^_^

How about building something in Baton Rouge? Former LSU basketball star Shaquille O'Neal is getting in the real estate development business, The New York Times reports. O'Neal plans to build a 25-story condominium tower in downtown Newark, N.J., a $90 million project that would be the first luxury residential project in the city in four decades. "I

This is getting ridiculous. Everyone seems to be getting a new tower! Here is a 925 ft tower that is going up in Oklahoma City. Richard Pries needs to pair up with someone else so they can make one huge tower.

presskit_06_skyline.jpg

Edited by dan326

This is getting ridiculous. Everyone seems to be getting a new tower! Here is a 925 ft tower that is going up in Oklahoma City. Richard Pries needs to pair up with someone else so they can make one huge tower.

presskit_06_skyline.jpg

Everywhere is being progressive too, yet we down here in this area seems to be stuck. Very impressive building. Looks Ultra Modern....

Very impressive looking iconic tower for OKC! That will put them on the skyline map!

Don't be fooled Many of these proposed tall projects are falling thru in the U.S. I realize there are exceptions in cities Mobile, Austin, Philly, Chicago. So not to hate on OKC; but I'll believe it when I see it.

Jinal/Moret/Shaw/Preis/Shaq/Raisin Canes can all throw their name in the hat and figure something out. :D

• 1 month later...

Under strain, cities are cutting back projects

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

(From The New York Times) Cities, states and other local governments have been effectively shut out of the bond markets for the last two weeks, raising the cost of day-to-day operations, threatening longer-term projects and dampening a broad source of jobs and stability at a time when other parts of the economy are weakening.

http://www.businessreport.com/news/2008/oc...ing-back-gvpt1/

^Well it's not afftecting everything I guess...

Financial crisis not affecting city-parish, BREC or EBR school projects

A recent New York Times article talked about the current financial turmoil had shut off the bond market to cities, states and local governments across the U.S. This has led to some projects, such as airport expansions, being shelved and governments scrambling to pay for road construction projects. But officials with the city-parish government, BREC and the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board say they aren

Well if anything, I hope this bill helps get our city's projects back on track. -_-

Congress OKs historic bailout bill; Bush signs it

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- With the economy on the brink and elections looming, Congress approved an unprecedented $700 billion government bailout of the battered financial industry on Friday and sent it to President Bush who quickly signed it."

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/30270924.html

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased the R&B/Pop artist Rihanna's CD, Good Girl Gone Bad (Reloaded), and I must say it is very good. It has a nice mix of sounds and some very catchy beats.

Gggbrihanna.jpg

My favorite song is "Push Up On Me", it may be a little risque, but the beat is just so catchy! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a new phone today, called the LG Secret. It's only avaliable in Europe so I had to order it off the internet. It's awesome! :w00t: It's made with tempered glass, carbon fiber, and chrome. It has a 5 megapixel camera, Youtube support, and limited touchscreen. What really sets it off is the neon touch navigation with haptics, which is a fancy way to say touch dirention buttons with vibration. They're animated so they flicker when you touch them. There's also a motion sensor, which comes in handy when viewing photos or playng special games. If ya'll are looking for a new phone, I'd suggest ya'll look outside of the U.S. :D

2.jpg

Edited by dan326

Been out of pocket quite a bit lately due to work and my travel schedule. Spent a lot of time in Atlanta and I was able to go check out Atlantic Station. Man, that place is Perkins Rowe on steroids. I like what we have, but I LOVE what they have in the ATL. I hate I forgot to pack my camera to get some pictures.

Here's my commentary on Atlantic Station from awhile ago. I would like to add that Atlantic Station is better than the Perkins Rowe in it's size and comprehensiveness and has a better store selection than I orignally gave it credit to, but Perkins Rowe is better in that I has better architecture and variety.

"I've been on a little trip to Atlanta with my parents for the last couple of days and while we were there my dad and I went by Atlantic Station and let me tell ya'll, you should all be very proud of Perkins Rowe because it is better. But before I start up some controversy let me give ya'll a complete run down.

Atlantic Station is made up of four componets excluding the single-family homes: townhouses, apartment buildings , towers, and the actual shopping with lofts above portion.The townhomes were very nice and had very nice use of stone and siding. Th 3/4 story apartments buildings were nicer than any in Baton Rouge with a very modern/contemporary look. The towers were nice, but average.

Now for the run down of the actual shopping district. Like ours, it consisted of stores with lofts on top and also a movie theater and the similarities stop there. Atlatic Station has a small selection of shops, most of which I'm sure you could find in every mall in Atlanta and Baton Rouge. Also the architecture is lacking, all the buildings are the same. It does have one thing that blows our component of that thing out of the water which is transportation as they have a subway station. In light of all that it was still nice and had a whole lot of people walking around. But regardless of who's is better, both BR and ATL are making some very good names for themselves."

Glad to have you back Bryde! Thanks for the head's up! I like the analogy "on steriods" :lol: Sounds like a massive place! Big enough to have it's own ZIP Code?? They have some tall buildings; office componet is impressive!

Thanks for the break-down Dan. Atlantic Station being a "transit-oriented" development has the advantage. Location is major being in NW section of Midtown. Perkins Rowe is in the suburbs...in an area that may be considered more of a Buckhead version of BR(minus the nightclubs).

Still wish they could have a water-taxi on a widened Dawson Creek that could take you to Mall of La. & the future Grove! The bikepath/walking trails along the creek are supposed to begin sometime soon??

Edited by richyb83