Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

• 2 weeks later...

This story sounds so crazy! I think there's more to it, it just seems so strange to me that they would shoot somebody they didn't know through there door. :ermm:

"Spinosa son shot, recovering

Chris Spinosa, son of developer Tommy Spinosa Jr., is "awake, alert and joking" this afternoon in his hospital room at Baton Rouge General, where he is recovering from surgery to remove a bullet from his abdomen, according to a Spinosa family statement. The 26-year-old Spinosa was shot early Monday morning by an Orchid Street homeowner after apparently mistaking the home for his own and trying to enter. According to a police report, Spinosa took a taxicab back to his neighborhood after a night out drinking with friends and tried to enter the wrong home. The homeowner and his wife called 911 and also yelled through the door for Spinosa to go away, but when he moved they thought he was reaching for a weapon and shot him through the door. In a statement released this afternoon, the family said: "We are thankful to announce that Chris is aware and responsive. The Spinosa family would like to thank the doctors and staff at Baton Rouge General for their care of Chris and everyone who has expressed their concern. We look forward to Chris' recovery and his return home.""

from businessreport.com

Edited by dan326

• 1 month later...

Google satelitte view has been updated. Its shows things like construction of Harrell's Ferry and LSU's new band hall under construction.

They have my house after i put the fence up. actually, they have most of my neighborhood. Best I can tell, the photo's were taken in November.

Edited by all2neat

Good to finally see updated satelitte, it looks much better! No more blury/brown strip aong the river/downtown! Meant to reply a while back...was going to post this on Google 3D thread

I'm currently working on a really cool 4-D Manhattan Skyscraper jigsaw puzzle; alot of FUN! ..one of the best Christmas presents I got! :offtopic:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bing is starting to add their own street view system. I think I might have seen the Bing car the other day, I drove past this car that looked like a Transformer in mid transformation. Also I wonder if Google and Microsoft made a deal. Google started street view and now their adding adding angled birds-eye and Bing is doing vice versa.

http://rjwblog.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/anti-gay-baton-rouge-granite-co-in-stone-age/

-From Kevin Serrin, Chairman of the Capitol City Alliance, a Baton Rouge-based organization supporting equality:

I’d like to share with you an unfortunate incident of recent anti-gay discrimination in Baton Rouge. Here are the facts:

• On Saturday, August 8, 2010 a gay couple entered Southern Style Granite (SSG) on Airline Highway (address listed below) in Baton Rouge shopping for a remodeling project.

• One of the owners of SSG, Darren Cifreo, specifically asked the two gentlemen if they were in a relationship with each other. After confirming that they are, Mr. Cifreo told them that SSG does not work with “Your Kind” and told them to leave the showroom

I mean, I'd say im shocked such blatant discrimination is still talking place in 2010, but I am not shocked at all, why, because we live in Baton Rouge. I know I'll make sure this company never ends up on any of our suppliers list, at my firm. What are y'alls thoughts?

Your assuming these events are true, because it was posted on a blog?

Itsjustme2:

Why are you digging up posts of mine from last August, sounds malicious and extremely random? Ill continue to learn from your example, and criticize you with out actually answering any of your questions...

By the way, I find it ironic you ignored my post in another thread about Liberalism and Cortana Mall....tongue.gif

• Like 1

Itsjustme2:

Why are you digging up posts of mine from last August, sounds malicious and extremely random? Ill continue to learn from your example, and criticize you with out actually answering any of your questions...

By the way, I find it ironic you ignored my post in another thread about Liberalism and Cortana Mall....tongue.gif

Don't flatter yourself. I didn't dig up your post. It was on the previous page and this thread was at the top of the forum because it had a new post.

^ Guys, let's be adults and act all grown up here. If you have a problem with someone else's opinion, you have various methods of staying out of it...you can hide the person from showing up in your view for example...or just ignore them all together. I realize everyone feels the need to defend their position, but I'm pretty sure we're all capable of not stooping to this level when making a post in a public forum. dontknow.gif

^ Guys, let's be adults and act all grown up here. If you have a problem with someone else's opinion, you have various methods of staying out of it...you can hide the person from showing up in your view for example...or just ignore them all together. I realize everyone feels the need to defend their position, but I'm pretty sure we're all capable of not stooping to this level when making a post in a public forum. dontknow.gif

Neo,

I've tried the block feature, however it caused more problems then is solved. When one individual is trolling a forum and the entire conversation revolves around their posts, if your block them, you end up feeling left out of the conversation and confused, because you can still see your friends posts replying to the person that you blocked. I'll consider using the feature again if this becomes anymore of an issue.

I've been a member of Urban Planet since '07 and have never had an issue, until now, so hopefully things can be resolved. Thank you for your input.thumbsup.gif

Notice how you continue to ignore my post about "Liberalism and Cortana Mall?" My point is proven, thank you....

I'll bite....since no one else will. I'm going to assume that by "liberalism", we are not actually referencing liberal policies, but democratic ones that some refer to as "progressive" (As a true liberal, I hate the way those terms are being redefined...but that's another conversation).

Maybe the supporters of the Great Society drove all the wallets away from the area? It's not a new trend. Young thugs bring noise and crime...but very little purchasing power. Perkins Rowe seems to be following that path too.

Although I think that the free market answered in a way that only proves what a bad location combined with a lack of proper investment can do to a business. Cortana needs to reinvent itself. Lots of malls do.

Edited by cajun

True. That's the movie theatres fault plus parents dropping off their kids at PR likes it's some sort of daycare.

There's also a article of BR Biz Report that the developer (Spianzo?) talks about plans for a 166 room hotel in the works.

Wouldn't say it's going downhill.

Edited by itsjustme2