Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

^ Yeah, I read is so that when people speed they'll be going the speed they're supposed to go, lol.

Continued from the other thread, a really good recipe to help take coconut oil is hot chocolate. Approximate measures: 

2 tbs coconut oil

1-2tbs raw cocoa/cacao powder (can find at whole foods or amazon, baking type will be bitter)

Tsp of vanilla extract

honey or sugar to taste 1-3 tbs

milk or milk substitute to taste, about .25-1 cup

pinch of salt for taste

remainder of container/cup boiling water

After stir or blend to combine. Also good for digestion.

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

^

Controversial opinion warning

Sorry y'all, I was trying to hold it in...I do wonder if they blew this up just to distract people from the Hillary scandal. It just seems mighty convenient. I remember that last time the media paid this much attention to black "injustice" was with the Confederate shootings and pool party incident. I think they used those to distract from the "marriage equality" ruling and garner support, since according to the television set and online publications black = female = gay. And really, even marriage equality was to distract from that fast-pass bill. After that the media didn't focus on black stories anymore. But I guess it's a hot topic again since we need to be programmed that being for Hillary's indictment is the same as gunning minorities down.

Edited by dan326

21 minutes ago, dan326 said:

^

Sorry y'all, I was trying to hold it in...I do wonder if they blew this up just to distract people from the Hillary scandal. It just seems mighty convenient. I remember that last time the media paid this much attention to black "injustice" was with the Confederate shootings and pool party incident. I think they used those to distract from the "marriage equality" ruling and garner support, since according to the television set and online publications black = female = gay. And really, even marriage equality was to distract from that fast-pass bill. After that the media didn't focus on black stories anymore. But I guess it's a hot topic again since we need to be programmed that being for Hillary's indictment is the same as gunning minorities down.

There have been many injustices broadcast through national media other than those. Sandra Bland I think was after the Dallas incident, Freddie Gray was after than incident as well. I think the most important thing to happen was TPP.

1 hour ago, Antrell Williams said:

There have been many injustices broadcast through national media other than those. Sandra Bland I think was after the Dallas incident, Freddie Gray was after than incident as well. I think the most important thing to happen was TPP.

Yeah, but those didn't get that much play.

On July 9, 2016 at 7:41 PM, dan326 said:

^

That's why I posted that we need to have a clear head about this because a lot of people from out of town have ulterior motives.  They are political foot soldiers and activist "journalists".....not concerned citizens. There will be a lot of outside agitators that don't care what damage they do to the community's safety and race relations.  

None of us wants to see Baton Rouge sacrificed for some agenda.   Remember to separate the legitimate concerns from the political nonsense.

From what I've seen....the overwhelming majority of the local protestors are peaceful so far.   Most of the cops are doing a very good job keeping things from becoming unsafe.   City leadership handed over control of the investigation to the feds within hours.   This is honestly being handled much better than expected so far by Baton Rouge - but eventually a Grand Jury will decide on charges/no charges for those cops.   The chances of violence nationwide will go up that day.

Edited by cajun

On July 9, 2016 at 9:37 PM, dan326 said:

Yeah, but those didn't get that much play.

The protests that occurred were largely grassroots and far less politicized than this.  

I hope the rhetoric is toned down a bit after Dallas.  We need cooler heads.  

Edited by cajun

8 hours ago, cajun said:

That's why I posted that we need to have a clear head about this because a lot of people from out of town have ulterior motives.  They are political foot soldiers and activist "journalists".....not concerned citizens. There will be a lot of outside agitators that don't care what damage they do to the community's safety and race relations.  

None of us wants to see Baton Rouge sacrificed for some agenda.   Remember to separate the legitimate concerns from the political nonsense.

From what I've seen....the overwhelming majority of the local protestors are peaceful so far.   Most of the cops are doing a very good job keeping things from becoming unsafe.   City leadership handed over control of the investigation to the feds within hours.   This is honestly being handled much better than expected so far by Baton Rouge - but eventually a Grand Jury will decide on charges/no charges for those cops.   The chances of violence nationwide will go up that day.

Everyone I met from out of town was peaceful. I didn't see any agitators while I was out there Sunday evening.

10 hours ago, cajun said:

I agree. It'll be interesting to see the grounds on which the policeman are or aren't found guilty.

Federal raid at BR home tied to murder plot against police

http://www.wbrz.com/news/federal-raid-at-br-home-tied-to-murder-plot-against-police

BATON ROUGE - The raid of a home and a pawn shop burglary last week are connected to the arrests of three people who said they were going to kill police at protests for Alton Sterling, the WBRZ Investigative Unit learned from sources.

Three people - including at least one juvenile - have been arrested.

Monday, federal authorities raided a home in Old South Baton Rouge. A WBRZ news crew recorded video of agents with the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, sheriff's deputies and Baton Rouge Police going through the home a block off Highland Road. The home owner said one weapon was removed from the home, who was questioned by authorities. The person living there said he was letting someone live at the home for free and that person was gone when the home was raided Monday shortly after 5 p.m. A source close to the investigation said the person who was staying at the home was later arrested. The suspect's name was not immediately available. 

Please step away from that ledge, Baton Rouge.....:tw_bawling:

Cool heads, open hearts.....

Edited by cajun

On 7/12/2016 at 3:45 PM, cajun said:

Please step away from that ledge, Baton Rouge.....

Cool heads, open hearts.....

And the city just stepped off the ledge.   :tw_cry:

We'll be saying prayers for Baton Rouge Law Enforcement.

Edited by cajun

2 hours ago, cajun said:

And the city just stepped off the ledge.   :tw_cry:

We'll be saying prayers for Baton Rouge Law Enforcement.

The alleged shooter is from Kansas City MO....no idea about the other two that were questioned

Prayers have been sent...our country doesn't have a gun problem as much as it has a spiritual problem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richyb83 said:

The alleged shooter is from Kansas City MO....no idea about the other two that were questioned

Prayers have been sent...our country doesn't have a gun problem as much as it has a spiritual problem

Not shocking that the shooter was from well outside the state.  Perhaps Baton Rouge didn't step off the ledge....it's being pushed very hard by the radical left, their media rhetoric, and the angry outside agitators they inspire.

Edited by cajun

29 minutes ago, cajun said:

Not shocking that the shooter was from well outside the state.  Perhaps Baton Rouge didn't step off the ledge....it's being pushed very hard by the radical left, their media rhetoric, and the angry outside agitators they inspire.

I would say the same for the right. It benefits both parties, you should know this.

This guy and the guy in Dallas make no sense to me. I'm a conspiracy guy and they smell like government planted shooters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, richyb83 said:

39 minutes ago, Antrell Williams said:

I would say the same for the right. It benefits both parties, you should know this.

This guy and the guy in Dallas make no sense to me. I'm a conspiracy guy and they smell like government planted shooters.

^Yup, makes me think of that dark ABC show Scandal.

God...I feel like in just ten days this city I love so much has died. It's funny, I always dreamed of Baton Rouge being a great American city and maybe it can still be, but it jut seems like everything has been lost. I also send my heart out to the families of those lost today, in Dallas, and every other Police-Civilian conflict victim (police and civilian).

Antrell is so right, the problemarrow-10x10.png is a cultural problem. The week of the Alton Sterling shooting I was at the Conference on National Affairs in North Carolina. Driving home that Friday night I cried so much because of everything going on. Anyways, I wrote whats below in a big message to people around the country. It's what I'm feeling now.

As I sit in my house, thinking about everything going on in my city I love so deeply I find a familiar companion; Anger. Three years ago I began researching urban planning. I soon discovered just how deeply divided my city was. Cultural, social, racial, and physical divides litter my city creating a broken mosaic whose main subjects are pain and anger. For three years I believed my city's problems could be solved by revitalizing downtown, building new roads, maybe new parks, or, I bought into the Puginian ideal that all problems could be solved by making cities beautiful. Even when cities like St.Louis, Houston, and Baltimore fell into chaos I amused myself with the idea that it could never happen in Baton Rouge. Sure we had race problems, but we had a black mayor! A majority black police force! We were progressive as progressive a Southern city could be. Sure, we were no San Francisco, but we're also not St. Louis.

The reality is that not a single city in our nation is unaffected by the problems faced in BR. Thanks to building policies since the end of WWII (and really, before), every single American city is deeply divided among racial lines. In the opening lines to the song 'Ain't that America' it says "There's a black man, living in a black neighborhood, he's got an interstate running through his front yard". Well, a few block from my home is a black neighborhood that is divided. Right through the middle runs I-10, one of the most important interstates in the nation. Everyday people and goods travel on that road; important products for America. But there is one product that flows through and unites every single city on the way, from Jacksonville to LA. That product is racism.

Racism didn't end in 1965, it didn't end in 1983, and it sure as hell did not end in 2008. No longer is it obvious and clear, instead it lurks and festers in every crack and crevice. So now how do we fix it, how do we end it? I used to think it just needed a little money, sidewalks, and trees, but as Atlanta has shown no amount of money or tons of concrete or leaves on a tree can solve it. In order to end racism we have to change the very fundamental ways our society not only lives but builds and most importantly; speaks about race. Only then can we begin ending racism. Racism never ended, but I'd like to think it will. However, on nights like these, I become fearful. Fearful that it will never end and fearful that every-time a black person sits down at the table someone will always say something and fail to see that they are America too.

Thanks for that, it was very insightful. I wholeheartedly agree. 

When we live in such a divided country, it's expected that people are completely unaware of what goes on in communities different from their own, communities people are taught to avoid and fear. 

This is not a Baton Rouge problem but and American one. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dan326 said:

I don't know if racism is an American problem, I just don't think people in other countries call it that. But whatever its called I think it's just part of the human condition.

Racism has been a part of many nations around the world. But I don't know what causes it exactly. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2016 at 9:16 PM, dan326 said:

I don't know if racism is an American problem, I just don't think people in other countries call it that. But whatever its called I think it's just part of the human condition.

Not sure about racism, but racial division seems to have gotten vastly worse the past 3-5 years.   Millions of people have this view right now.      

Edited by cajun