Hanes Mall

JerseyBoy

I thought it would be nice to start Hanes Mall's own thread that way it is seperate from the other Hanes Mall Boulevard topics.

To start this thread off:

For the first time in well over a year I did a thorough walk through of Hanes Mall. Fortunately this time I had a better camera phone with me and got all my shots with that instead of being asked to leave like last time due to my idiotic thinking that nobody would notice a "real" camera. :lol: I must say that almost all the spaces were leased, but they weren't to chain stores. There has been a tremendous increase in "urban clothing shops" and cheap stores that usually don't last long from the last time I was here. I took photos of all the stores that were new since the last time I was here. Here are the photos I got:

JC Penney Renovation:

1306873505_bb4e7016d8_o.jpg

1307758108_de5db9ffca_o.jpg

1306874287_6e962730fe_o.jpg

1307758860_97a55af7e5_o.jpg

1307758860_97a55af7e5_o.jpg

1306874977_1493d7e5fc_o.jpg

1307759594_52e9bb0f4f_o.jpg

1306875827_3e79a717bf_o.jpg

1307760306_e2f5f8a90a_o.jpg

1307760658_31f236e4a2_o.jpg

1307766192_6c08814dab_o.jpg

New stores since last visit (and general mall scenes):

1307761052_1de0ec7810_o.jpg

1307761450_1aa9c6ffc9_o.jpg

1306877561_1177b32d59_o.jpg

1307762328_14f4b40a75_o.jpg

1306878387_f1ee5d550d_o.jpg

1306878777_aa3778df3e_o.jpg

1307763672_35f86bd35e_o.jpg

1307764132_9491b9f133_o.jpg

1307764528_d572e878c5_o.jpg

1306880573_edd597e7de_o.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has any bearing on future tenants, but there is a poll question on the Hanes Mall website about what eatery you'd like to see the mall add. The Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's are on the list and have been selected number 1 and 2. Maybe the mall might try to pursue these chains as tenants??? (PLEASE, I know it might be wishful thinking for the Cheesecake Factory, but with P.F. Chang's expansion in the state... maybe one of the two! :dontknow: )

Hanes Mall Website....

I also took a look at the other poll they were running regarding stores and if these are the types of stores they are hoping to attract to Hanes then I'm in total bliss. Thanks for notifying us of that poll George!

Thanks for the comments on the photos! I recently upgraded phones over the weekend and thought this was the perfect time to try out the 1.3 megapixel camera on it. I'm very impressed with it.

Thanks for the comments on the photos! I recently upgraded phones over the weekend and thought this was the perfect time to try out the 1.3 megapixel camera on it. I'm very impressed with it.

I've had to go into competitor's stores before and feign a phone conversation while I'm actually taking pictures.... you did a good job!!

Don't know if this has any bearing on future tenants, but there is a poll question on the Hanes Mall website about what eatery you'd like to see the mall add. The Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's are on the list and have been selected number 1 and 2. Maybe the mall might try to pursue these chains as tenants??? (PLEASE, I know it might be wishful thinking for the Cheesecake Factory, but with P.F. Chang's expansion in the state... maybe one of the two! :dontknow: )

Hanes Mall Website....

I think these restaurants would more likely come to somewhere like Thruway Center rather than Hanes Mall. And I think Chang's is keeping with 1 Triad store for now.. we'll see about CF. It could happen.

• 2 months later...

I think these restaurants would more likely come to somewhere like Thruway Center rather than Hanes Mall. And I think Chang's is keeping with 1 Triad store for now.. we'll see about CF. It could happen.

All of these stores and restaurants are possible for Winston-Salem and i could see them coming very soon. Even PF Changs because there are two locations in the triangle in Raleigh and Durham.

I do however feel that they may very well not locate at the mall and hold out for one of the new more upscale shopping centers popping up all over town or even downtown. The time and location is the only problem because the city is much larger than many other areas and cities that already have these stores and restaurants and the consumer base is large, with spending money and growing....

This was a plan I came up with a year or two ago regarding the JC Penney situation:

HanesMall-1.jpg

I decided to take out the JC Penney anchor spot and make that area from each points of Hanes Mall Circle an outdoor retail village. Where JC Penney used to be, would be 1 new main entrance for the south mall and 1 new main entrance for the north mall. This area would be landscaped heavily and made very pedestrian friendly. The current food court would be taken out and be made into shops but the restaurants would be moved to retail spots in the outdoor village. This new plan still has the possibility for 1 or 2 new anchors depending on whether JC Penney would still commit to the mall (which most likely they would). I also added another parking deck near Belk to accommodate the loss of previous spaces. All 3 decks would be 2 floors depending on my next idea.

My thoughts on a new anchor:

Neiman Marcus- Definitely not

Saks- It's a possibility since Richmond has one but like Neiman, it's very unlikely.

Bloomingdale's- Maybe a Bloomingdale's Home Store? Charlotte or Raleigh will likely get one before us if they ever expand into NC.

Nordstrom- Maybe, since they considered us before. But, that was before they had stores in Charlotte and in The Triangle.

Macy's Home Furniture Store- 50/50 They aren't that upscale but they are generally in decent affluent areas (Bergen County,NJ & Arlington,VA)

We don't really even know if the Triad is ready for upscale retail yet. I think we should first let Belk give us the SouthPark treatment and try some upscale brands that they carry in their flagship Charlotte store and see whether it goes over well or not.

I like it, and hopefully there's room for the expansion, but it likely will depend on what happens with the Hanes Plant property northeast on Stratford, which could be a magnet for high end stuff, or the whole area might be too staurated (I don't really think so)? Also, I still think another mall in the north end is warranted (and considerd about 10 years ago - Nordstrom). Also, what about Union Cross Town Center, and isn't some sort of large sized town center type thing scheduled for Clemmons?

• 4 months later...

New stores:

-Shi (by Journeys)

-Pretzel Twister

-Tinder Box

-Tea Market

-Aerie (by American Eagle)

Stores moving into bigger spaces:

-Limited Too

-Runway Men’s Wear

-Maurices

-American Eagle Outfitters (will combine two spaces to include lingerie)

• 4 months later...

Archived