Hanes Mall

JerseyBoy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have already have a topic for SouthPark in the Charlotte section. If you wish to talk about it, please do it there.

Yes, I know that, but currently, when you post anything, no one responds. In the Hanes Mall section, people do respond. At least I talked about Hanes Mall in my post, and everyone else was just responding to my post.

Yes, I know that, but currently, when you post anything, no one responds. In the Hanes Mall section, people do respond. At least I talked about Hanes Mall in my post, and everyone else was just responding to my post.

Posts for posts sake is not what we aim for here. If you want to compare and contrast the two, that's fine. But, if you're talking about the stores SouthPark has and why it's so much bigger, then that doesn't fall under this topic. My update photos posts are for historical reference and my "feature posts" are to encourage people to think beyond the store openings and construction topics that we usually talk about here. Feel free to contribute.

• 1 month later...

I am glad Hanes is starting to get quality stores in their mall. I do think that they should get rid of some of the "eye sore" stores like Venus and some of the urban clothing stores. I feel as if those stores bring down the appearance of the mall and that Hanes should start targeting more middle to upper middle class families. Also in order to prevent fights breaking out on Fridays and Saturdays, Hanes should set curfews and not allow children under 18 be at the mall alone after a certain time unless they are with a parent or guardian. I think the malls in Raleigh do set curfews and I think it would solve some of Hanes' problems with teens on the weekends. Also I hope to see Hanes continue to get more upscale stores in the future like Coach, Apple, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, etc. I think the mall could support these stores and Winston-Salem as a whole needs more upscale shopping like Greensboro, Durham, Raleigh and Charlotte.

I am glad Hanes is starting to get quality stores in their mall. I do think that they should get rid of some of the "eye sore" stores like Venus and some of the urban clothing stores. I feel as if those stores bring down the appearance of the mall and that Hanes should start targeting more middle to upper middle class families. Also in order to prevent fights breaking out on Fridays and Saturdays, Hanes should set curfews and not allow children under 18 be at the mall alone after a certain time unless they are with a parent or guardian. I think the malls in Raleigh do set curfews and I think it would solve some of Hanes' problems with teens on the weekends. Also I hope to see Hanes continue to get more upscale stores in the future like Coach, Apple, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, etc. I think the mall could support these stores and Winston-Salem as a whole needs more upscale shopping like Greensboro, Durham, Raleigh and Charlotte.

Hanes will not get those stores because CBL does not do upscale.

Please don't pay any attention to Ct36, at least when it comes to malls. They bounce around from forum to forum praising Simon-owned malls like Southpark and Lenox and pretty much put anything else down.

As for the four stores originally listed by Cyrus - Coach, Apple, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, Friendly Center has two of these stores (Apple and Brooks Brothers) and several other more upscale stores - And Friendly is owned by CBL - so clearly Ct36's rationale is flawed anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach lands in the Triad in the near future, either at Friendly or Hanes. I'm surprised we don't already have one.

Please don't pay any attention to Ct36, at least when it comes to malls. They bounce around from forum to forum praising Simon-owned malls like Southpark and Lenox and pretty much put anything else down.

As for the four stores originally listed by Cyrus - Coach, Apple, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers, Friendly Center has two of these stores (Apple and Brooks Brothers) and several other more upscale stores - And Friendly is owned by CBL - so clearly Ct36's rationale is flawed anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach lands in the Triad in the near future, either at Friendly or Hanes. I'm surprised we don't already have one.

It has only recently been owned by CBL, and those stores were already opened or already planned to open before CBL bought it. You do know that TTC is a regular mall that just happens to have a Saks, don't you? It does have a Saks because they wanted to open at Crabtree, however, no spaces were avaliable for them, hence, they went to Triangle Town Center. I can not name atleast one upscale store at TTC but Louis Vuitton, which is in Saks and has a very limited selection so it does not count. I like Simon because they actually will put upscale stores in their malls. So will Westfield & GGP, but less. Here are a few quotes I borrowed from the Mall @ Green Hills Forum about CBL & their mall in Nashville...

(from DavidH74)

"Yes, I knew about the expansion. I was asking about any hopes for it being any good. CBL just seems incapable of attracting key retailers. They are a disgrace. I'd love to see a J. Crew in Franklin too. Hopefully, CBL will surprise us. Franklin certainly seems capable of attracting the higher-end and the trendy stores that Green Hills has. If Simon or General Growth or Taubman owned the Galleria, it would already be that way. But...that's not the case. If CBL is incapable of doing Franklin full justice, maybe Southern Land Co can continue to attract key retailers to its small lifestyle center (McEwen T/C). I guess Anthropologie has already been announced. I think J. Crew and Anthropologie usually like to be together. Anyway, like you said it would be nice for Franklin to become a real retail hotspot (other than mostly big-box and ubiquitous) like Green Hills in the interest of convenience and options."

(from franktown)

"I doubt it; they just don't do high-end. I mean, the Galleria and one in - I think - Birmingham are their only "Premium" malls. So, I just don't think they have the connections with good retailers. I can see something like Coldwater Creek, but no J. Crew."

If Simon, Westfield, or GGP owned it, TTC & Hanes would be better. I do not see many upscale stores coming to these malls anytime soon

• 1 month later...

Looks as if the Triad will be getting a second White House Black Market store, to be located at Hanes Mall. There is already one location at Friendly Center. I can't say this definitively, because the store is not listed on the WHBM website. But it is already listed on the Hanes Website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Now that H&M has decided to open a store at Crabtree in Raleigh, what do you think are the chances of them locating at Hanes? From what I've seen, they announce one store and then expand (usually 3-5 additional stores). This happened in Atlanta and I think it's going on in Florida. I'd be willing to bet Charlotte is next on their list, but I think Hanes would be a good fit for them. I'm not sure about demographics though.

Now that H&M has decided to open a store at Crabtree in Raleigh, what do you think are the chances of them locating at Hanes? From what I've seen, they announce one store and then expand (usually 3-5 additional stores). This happened in Atlanta and I think it's going on in Florida. I'd be willing to bet Charlotte is next on their list, but I think Hanes would be a good fit for them. I'm not sure about demographics though.

The merchandise at H&M is pretty reasonably priced so I don't think demographics would be a problem. But it seems to be one of those stores that doesn't open everywhere so it can keep the "it" factor. Personally I'd rather see some other stores come to this area first. But there certainly wouldn't be a downside to having one in the Triad.

The merchandise at H&M is pretty reasonably priced so I don't think demographics would be a problem. But it seems to be one of those stores that doesn't open everywhere so it can keep the "it" factor. Personally I'd rather see some other stores come to this area first. But there certainly wouldn't be a downside to having one in the Triad.

Agreed, no downside for me. Just got back from metro DC and bought several things there. They're the IKEA of clothing stores: quality not always fantastic, but fashionable and cheap. They always seem to locate in the most upscale centers in an area, so I'd look for one at Friendly first...but probably not before Southpark gets one. ;)

From a sales and viability standpoint, I think Hanes Mall is on their radar, and there is enough space for one easily, but if they come, I don't figure they will come for anther 2-3 years.

That time frame is exactly what I was thinking as well. Here are my predictions as to where they'll locate across the state over the next five years:

Triangle:

Crabtree

Southpoint (if there's room)

Charlotte:

Southpark (if there's room)

Uptown/Metropolitan

Concord Mills

Triad:

Hanes (iffy...)

Friendly (if there's room)

I would have posted these H&M prediction and speculation posts of mine in the Friendly Center topic as that's where I would expect them to locate, however, there is not enough available space at the moment for a store. Their primary demographic is 20's to 30's and with the four colleges/universities (not including Fo' Tech) Winston has it would seem logical.

Archived