Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

5 minutes ago, Eightane said:

Worth noting is that not only will this be the tallest hotel in the state when completed, it will be the first majority-hotel use building to top 30 stories. It kind of blows my mind that it took this long to hit that benchmark.

I suspect the 40 floor hotel bench mark will be crossed in the next 6 months. :-) Still can't believe Four Shootings is the largest hotel in the state still.

4 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Yea that is Boston huh.  odd.  There is a great Intercontinental in Boston though and the glass kind of looks like this new render.  Much better IMO

yea definitely boston in the renderings lol

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Are you guys getting these renderings from Accela?   I've had nothing but trouble trying to use the citizen access tool for Accela

The current files on acella are only approved up to the 7th floor. The hotel will come later in the approvals. got the rendering from elswhere, and trying to get a full one.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, JBS said:

I'm in the minority apparently but I liked the distinctiveness of the glass in earlier renderings more than the latest design (though it's not bad either).  This looks like a lot of other buildings and the other didn't.

I Liked the previous glass much better, but always suspected it'd be VE'd out.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, gman430 said:

0-A70180-C-E93-F-41-E0-A5-D3-1-A6-ED1-FE

hard to believe the 16th tallest building in Charlotte is going to rise from this tiny spot. Intercontinental is confirmed at 416' feet, the tallest hotel in all of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. (it'll be taller than JW Marriott in Nashville!)

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

The workers from Lowe’s can build this faster than they can.

It does appear to be a slow process, as stated a few times above, there is a ton going on with this project.  This is def not a normal construction timeline.  This helps explain a little to what they have been doing on the visible part of construction (outside):

https://carolinatheatreclt.org/category/construction/

Latest update is May, but gives you an idea/pics.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

It does appear to be a slow process, as stated a few times above, there is a ton going on with this project.  This is def not a normal construction timeline.  This helps explain a little to what they have been doing on the visible part of construction (outside):

https://carolinatheatreclt.org/category/construction/

Latest update is May, but gives you an idea/pics.

There being no update since May only seems to further suggest this project is moving unrealistically slow. 

I too have some construction background and am curious if MicroPiles will be used as Deep Foundation for this Structure in Lieu of Steel Bearing Piles.  If so, they take a good deal of time to install, cure and be load tested.  I would suspect at this rate we may not have any vertical construction until Summer 2019 with top out possibly Early Spring 2020.

• Like 3