Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

They had an RV, also, advertising for Encore... The Encore Moveable Sales Center, I think it was called, complete with New York lisense plates :P

When the rich aren't willing to come to you, go to the rich ;) It's a shame that I'm not coming to town until tomorrow. Not that I'm in the market for a unit, but it's always interesting to see marketing pitches. You can really get a sense from these things who truly understands their potential clientele/buyers. It sounds like they have it nailed.....One Charlotte blew it. The people with this kind of cash don't like to be cancelled on at the last minute, and now that the bar has been set, it's going to be a uphill battle....that said, I still believe the target market is different between the two buildings.

When the rich aren't willing to come to you, go to the rich ;) It's a shame that I'm not coming to town until tomorrow. Not that I'm in the market for a unit, but it's always interesting to see marketing pitches. You can really get a sense from these things who truly understands their potential clientele/buyers. It sounds like they have it nailed.....One Charlotte blew it. The people with this kind of cash don't like to be cancelled on at the last minute, and now that the bar has been set, it's going to be a uphill battle....that said, I still believe the target market is different between the two buildings.

Encore definitly hit it prime with this one. Like I said, judging by the event and the people I saw there (and cars), I wouldn't be surprised if we read in the news that they are all sold out this week...

Valet Parking Lineup as I drive By: Aston Martin Vantash, Brand New FERRARI, Mercedes.... These people certainly will want their cars that are worth more than my lifetime salary housed in Encore's private garages...

I wonder if there would be a double take if I pulled up in my F-150? I also wonder if any of those vehicles were rented. Ever see the Enterprise Rent A Car commercial where "Moose" rents the nice car to impress his old classmates at his high school reunion?

I wonder if there would be a double take if I pulled up in my F-150? I also wonder if any of those vehicles were rented. Ever see the Enterprise Rent A Car commercial where "Moose" rents the nice car to impress his old classmates at his high school reunion?

I read an article on a place last month about the Upscale Rent-a-car's and I don't think there is such a thing here in Charlotte really... Like the Hertz had a rentable Shelby Cobra, but #1- it was like rediculous $, #2- These were limited rents to like Miami, LA, and a few big named warm-climate cities. They did do a report on how like one of the rental cars in Hollywood had like Aston Martins and Rolls-Royces and stuff, but they were thousands of dollars a day. I say if any of these cars were rented- then they had thousands of dollars to throw away just to make one-grand entrance, then I'm sure they still have the money for these condos. None-the-less, I enjoyed your F150 comment, my Mustang is nice, but against the cars I saw, my car would probally be spit on...

My "dress" comment (last comment I made on this thread) was a joke on the fact that it seems I'm in the minority here. The party was nice, the food was perfect (Ruth's Chris), & the atmosphere was even better. Everyone blended together so that I could be talking to one of the main guys heading up the project, or to a friend, or to a stranger, and there were no airs of superiority or seniority. I had no idea what kind of car people drove to the party...and it really didn't matter. We were all equals. These units will sell incredibly well.

The cars out front were on display, not rented, and at least a couple had their sales sticker in the window. None that I know of were driven by anyone attending, just out there from a dealership. Actually quite a few in attendance were uptown dwellers and didn't drive at all!

As for the event, it was a perfect soft pitch. Very little regarding the project on display, but quite enough if that makes sense. It was really a cool, relaxed cocktail party where the developer and sales staff were available if you chose to talk about the project and a few renderings and floor plans displayed casually throughout the condo. I suspect they will have no trouble with sales. Not that I think they'll sell out overnight, but they likely won't struggle. This is going to be a very cool project.

Edited by Charlotte_native

being a fan of the modernista... i love this tower!! hopefully this and the new bofa tower will swing some more momentum to this side of tryon. i must say when these 2 towers are built - north tryon is going to be a collection of wonderful architecture.

* is it just me - but, i am not able to tell if this project is indeed going to use the old theater facade. i'm not talking about the sign - rather the actual brick that was carefully dismantled and stored... which wasn't cheap.

At the event, there was a rendering that is different than what is online, and it clearly showed the old facade on Tryon Street.

I really like this project, and am very happy that Jim Donnelly has started to do more developments. That condo above Emerson Joseph was unreal. I can't believe something like that could be done in this town.

They had taken down the boarded up doors today to get into the Carolina Theatre, I'm assuming to begin the process of preservating. I'm sure things will be emptied for one. Good to see things are quickly beginning on this project and that the site has been staying active since its announcement...

10-09-07005.jpg

That is not renovation work...they will be having a sales event later this month where they will be taking potential condo buyers on tours of the Carolina Theatre. Preservation work will not begin until after the City has completed the land sale for the condo tower which won't happen till 2008 if the condo pre-sales go well.

• 2 weeks later...