Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, Urban Cowboy said:

A38C2AD8-16D0-4689-90B9-33AA427DFE1E.jpeg

8137DCC2-09F2-4FC4-A640-44B24D1EE246.jpeg

https://salterbrothers.com.au/portfolio/

they have new renderings posted on the construction fence with the URL above.

I'm psyched that this is under construction, but sad that it's not even mediocre anymore.  It's just plain.   The originial designs were so hopeful.  I'll take it though because the larger project is so much more important.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phillydog said:

I'm psyched that this is under construction, but sad that it's not even mediocre anymore.  It's just plain.   The originial designs were so hopeful.  I'll take it though because the larger project is so much more important.  

I think you were giving a pretty unrealistic rendering too much credit. We have thought "oh man thats so plain" once before, and we got Regions Bank, which is sleek as hell. I think this will fall under the "Sleek as hell" category. Its also very tall for what it is. 

I would definitely like this more if I had never seen the old renderings. I feel like the previous design fit the theater better and would have looked stunning beside the new library.  That said, I can’t complain too much because I’m happy about the height and the return of the theater.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Phillydog said:

But these renderings have been out since last year....I’m confused.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Where exactly will parking for the hotel be?  I would assume it will be valet, obviously, but where do they plan to keep the cars?

I believe they are leasing from 201 N. Tryon and Hearst

1 minute ago, JorgiPorgi said:

How tall in feet exactly is this tower going to be? I know it’s 30 floors. 

421' is what I've seen, but the elevations do not include heights on the submitted documents. They do contain articulating windows though, like the original rendering, so who knows. 

5 hours ago, j-man said:

But these renderings have been out since last year....I’m confused.

Not sure if Phillydog knew, but I did.  Just reiterating my opinion (which I also gave when I first saw the new renderings).  Not going to constantly criticize it like some of you did to BOAT though.  I’m mainly happy to see it going vertical and believe it will look quite nice when all is said and done.

Now, the redesign released today of the Hornets City Edition Uniform (which was previously black and said “Buzz City”) is truly disappointing. “Cool gray” color with the NBA designation CHA (which nobody particularly cares for and is already on the purple statement jerseys this year). I get the impression that the Hornets don’t like them either since they will wear them only 5 times at home and 10 times on the road.

754DDA8C-3F29-4B07-AF0C-D27DB367E9A3.thumb.jpeg.62af247f6701e57e1ab6b6b2c0eacc4d.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

Now, the redesign released today of the Hornets City Edition Uniform (which was previously black and said “Buzz City”) is truly disappointing. “Cool gray” color with the NBA designation CHA (which nobody particularly cares for and is already on the purple statement jerseys this year). I get the impression that the Hornets don’t like them either since they will wear them only 5 times at home and 10 times on the road.

754DDA8C-3F29-4B07-AF0C-D27DB367E9A3.thumb.jpeg.62af247f6701e57e1ab6b6b2c0eacc4d.jpeg

Now here’s an example where they should add the “, NC” after the CHA. People might confuse us with Chattanooga, TN (airport code: CHA).   Ok, back on topic...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1