Jump to content

Andyc545

Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, DMann said:

6th at Tryon is closed for the erection of the 8 floor tower crane!!!

Wow, they really lowered the height of the building. ;) :P 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


31 minutes ago, DamicoKaren said:

View from the 5th 3rd Building. Bonus shot of the Ellis

20191105_143200.jpg

and bonus shot of everyone's favorite parking deck that cant seem to find a spot....see what i did there?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really happy to see this project moving to the next stage of construction.  This hotel will be a great design for CLT.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, Urban Cowboy said:

A38C2AD8-16D0-4689-90B9-33AA427DFE1E.jpeg

8137DCC2-09F2-4FC4-A640-44B24D1EE246.jpeg

https://salterbrothers.com.au/portfolio/

they have new renderings posted on the construction fence with the URL above.

I'm psyched that this is under construction, but sad that it's not even mediocre anymore.  It's just plain.   The originial designs were so hopeful.  I'll take it though because the larger project is so much more important.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely like this more if I had never seen the old renderings. I feel like the previous design fit the theater better and would have looked stunning beside the new library.  That said, I can’t complain too much because I’m happy about the height and the return of the theater.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Phillydog said:

I'm psyched that this is under construction, but sad that it's not even mediocre anymore.  It's just plain.   The originial designs were so hopeful.  I'll take it though because the larger project is so much more important.  

But these renderings have been out since last year....I’m confused.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where exactly will parking for the hotel be?  I would assume it will be valet, obviously, but where do they plan to keep the cars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Where exactly will parking for the hotel be?  I would assume it will be valet, obviously, but where do they plan to keep the cars?

I believe they are leasing from 201 N. Tryon and Hearst

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JorgiPorgi said:

How tall in feet exactly is this tower going to be? I know it’s 30 floors. 

420' I believe...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, j-man said:

But these renderings have been out since last year....I’m confused.

Not sure if Phillydog knew, but I did.  Just reiterating my opinion (which I also gave when I first saw the new renderings).  Not going to constantly criticize it like some of you did to BOAT though.  I’m mainly happy to see it going vertical and believe it will look quite nice when all is said and done.

Now, the redesign released today of the Hornets City Edition Uniform (which was previously black and said “Buzz City”) is truly disappointing. “Cool gray” color with the NBA designation CHA (which nobody particularly cares for and is already on the purple statement jerseys this year). I get the impression that the Hornets don’t like them either since they will wear them only 5 times at home and 10 times on the road.

754DDA8C-3F29-4B07-AF0C-D27DB367E9A3.thumb.jpeg.62af247f6701e57e1ab6b6b2c0eacc4d.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

Now, the redesign released today of the Hornets City Edition Uniform (which was previously black and said “Buzz City”) is truly disappointing. “Cool gray” color with the NBA designation CHA (which nobody particularly cares for and is already on the purple statement jerseys this year). I get the impression that the Hornets don’t like them either since they will wear them only 5 times at home and 10 times on the road.

754DDA8C-3F29-4B07-AF0C-D27DB367E9A3.thumb.jpeg.62af247f6701e57e1ab6b6b2c0eacc4d.jpeg

Now here’s an example where they should add the “, NC” after the CHA. People might confuse us with Chattanooga, TN (airport code: CHA).   Ok, back on topic...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or ya know, CHArleston or CHArlottesville of CHApel Hill, or CHAmblee, or CHAtham.  
 

Don’t do CLT dirty like that!!

 

(seriously who makes and approves these decisions?)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.