Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 10:30 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Looking at where they are now I would estimate this to rise 1.5 floors per month starting in mid to late 1st Quarter 2020.   The pace of construction for the Reinforced Concrete Elevator Core will be the main controlling factor of how fast they get vertical.   Don’t be surprised if this site is only 15 to 20 floors by years end 2020.  

That’s terrible. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, j-man said:

Why didn’t they work on the theater yearsss ago when things first kicked off?

I believe there was a lot of remediation that was required for the site and the theater. Maybe they are finally at a point where true structural work can begin. 

18 hours ago, j-man said:

Why didn’t they work on the theater yearsss ago when things first kicked off?

because the fundraising took years. They kicked it off, in order fundraise to do this.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Rufus said:

I believe there was a lot of remediation that was required for the site and the theater. Maybe they are finally at a point where true structural work can begin. 

Oh ok thank you. Was wondering because I saw where they started the renovations 4 years ago. 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:30 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Looking at where they are now I would estimate this to rise 1.5 floors per month starting in mid to late 1st Quarter 2020.   The pace of construction for the Reinforced Concrete Elevator Core will be the main controlling factor of how fast they get vertical.   Don’t be surprised if this site is only 15 to 20 floors by years end 2020.  

I’m revising this estimate down to possibly only rising 1.5 floors per month starting in mid 2nd Quarter (April or May) meaning only 10 or 12 floors high by years end.  I’m hoping Elevator Core Construction commences within the next 30 - 45 days.  Once that takes off then building floors will begin to rise.

• Like 3