Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

This building's construction is a model of social distancing that Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci would approve of greatly.    And 3 > 0 which it could be so keep up the progress and stay safe at the Intercontinental Carolina Theatre site. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, j-man said:

US cities need to step it up. It should in no way be that damn hard to tell what city is in a pic. This looks like Atlanta/Charlotte/Austin/Dallas/Orlando/Houston/Memphis....and so on.. ugh 

I mean Skyhouse literally exists in all those cities... Which is what's in the background. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I mean Skyhouse literally exists in all those cities... 

Lmao that’s true, and that’s why I hate them. It’s likee copy & paste. Which is so blah, but in general other parts of each city literally looks almost identical. Not much separates them other than natural landscapes. Just sayin. 

Edited by j-man

12 minutes ago, j-man said:

Lmao that’s true, and that’s why I hate them. It’s likee copy & paste. Which is so blah, but in general other parts of each city literally looks almost identical. Not much separates them other than natural landscapes. Just sayin. 

If you had a picture of just a random corner market in Brussels, Paris, Dublin, London, Liverpool, Glasgow, Berlin, Frankfurt, and Warsaw do you think you could tell the difference? Just like this shot of America, your average corner Pret a Manger sandwich shop will look like it could be copied and pasted from many European cities. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

If you had a picture of just a random corner market in Brussels, Paris, Dublin, London, Liverpool, Glasgow, Berlin, Frankfurt, and Warsaw do you think you could tell the difference when it's the non-iconic sites. 

I actually think I could do a pretty good job 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, j-man said:

US cities need to step it up. It should in no way be that damn hard to tell what city is in a pic. This looks like Atlanta/Charlotte/Austin/Dallas/Orlando/Houston/Memphis....and so on.. ugh 

Memphis? Has anything been built in downtown Memphis in the past 40 years? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Pretty much every building over 5/6 stories is made of both steel and concrete, just put together in different ways. Both materials have complementary structural properties - they each can take forces that the other doesn't take very well. Concrete is also fire resistant where steel isn't, so it usually plays a roll in fire resistant assemblies. 

except Ally, which interestingly has a completely Steel Sheer Core. Oh but the floors are poured so never mind. concrete

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Pretty much every building over 5/6 stories is made of both steel and concrete, just put together in different ways. Both materials have complementary structural properties - they each can take forces that the other doesn't take very well. Concrete is also fire resistant where steel isn't, so it usually plays a roll in fire resistant assemblies. 

Okay thanks so that info.