Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

46 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

very true, but i recall you mentioned that Cleveland Construction being a sub par company...regardless, i want this to happen with out any glitches or issues.  Its just too important for the city of Charlotte, in my opinion.

I wouldn't say sub par, maybe just a smaller company. They are top notch at historic preservation though. 

5 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I wouldn't say sub par, maybe just a smaller company. They are top notch at historic preservation though. 

Well then, thats even better news...for some reason I had developed the impression that they were a less than desirable company to be completing this project.  

Thanks for setting that straight

• Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, KJHburg said:

I can't wait to check into this hotel on my upper floor room and then order my Outback takeaway since it is Aussie developed to prove some of you wrong.   

She's gonna be a rip snorter! Too Right! 

here is your Aussie slang dictionary if you need to translate

http://www.slang.com.au/r/

So if using blue font color designates sarcasm, what does red signify?  :tw_lol:

• Like 2

I do not now nor ever have I ever had any inside knowledge into any of these projects, but I know this:  the Masters of the Universe types I know (whose balls I break consantly but I am in point of fact very very close friends with half a dozen of them) are loving working from home right now.  You mean I don't have to wander down to LaSalle/Franklin/Wall Street and I can conduct all my business from my study?  I can go get lunch with that BumbleBabe/BumbleBro and not worry about running back to the office to be in another pointless meeting that could have been accomplished with a memo?  I can see my children more in the last two months than I've seen them in the last two years?  They're probably gonna decamp me from my Class A office building, or at most have me use a conference room on the rare occasion I absolutely have to be in the office?  That I'm gonna be judged significantly more on my production and significantly less on office politics and/or the fact that Chaz is an MD because his grandpa went to Harvard with Chet's grandpa?

Done and done.

I know this is a hotel, but regardless of if and when the economy comes back, people who occupy those downtown hotels and downtown office buildings are starting to realize en masse there are very few reasons to be in an office all day long and even fewer reasons to travel for business giving the ubiquity of Zoom.  Will this get built?  I dunno I don't know what drives the decision makers' decisions, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be building a 400 foot hotel in a future where both employers and employees are waking up together to the fact that a TON of overhead expense and business travel was completely unnecessary in 2020, and that business as usual is dead dead dead.

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum
One day I will learn to proof before posting, but not today
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1