Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

My contact at the construction company was unfortunately laid off because of COVID, they didn't however think that there would be a circumstance where construction would have stopped.

5 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Are we 100% it is stalled?

no. I have a call with the construction company on Tuesday, and I'm trying to get word from FFTC

Edited by Guest

Edit: I can never link into a post.
also, hope this isn’t what we end up with.
Would be strange timing as some new interior renderings were just released...
4C42A0E6-4BB8-465A-8544-224F06400D33.jpeg.3cd5a2f20dc565ed5ea24f272841e61f.jpeg

Nah they weren’t “released” the above link had renderings so Jason and I put them out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work has not halted on site. The theatre and foundation offices are proceeding forward as scheduled. 

No word on the hotel yet, which is a separate air rights deal. Hopefully get info on that tomorrow.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Work has not halted on site. The theatre and foundation offices are proceeding forward as scheduled. 

No word on the hotel yet, which is a separate air rights deal. Hopefully get info on that tomorrow.

I care mostly (by far) about the theater.  It would be devastating if work on the theater halted.  For me, the hotel is just the cherry on top -- quite a big cherry, but nevertheless just the cherry.  

• Like 4

On 6/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, Yo Diaz! said:

I know we are all excited for the completion of this particular project I’m just fascinated by the negative AF posts with nothing confirmed.

Well, at the pace they're on, they'll be done with the elevator shaft in December 2021, so what's the worry?

Seriously, there's "its a small site" and "this kind of construction is new to Charlotte," and then there's "six whole elevator floors in four months; you really outdid yourself."

I will put not one but two dozen Krispy Kremes up that the hotel still isn't built at December 31, 2021.

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, jwntim said:

That EB5 website also says the hotel tower portion of construction is targeting Q4 2020 to Q4 2022. So its possible they are still on schedule. 

image.thumb.png.127ad4b7d9e3dd8d06a86a0addf7859f.png

Thank you for this link.  I totally understand this site better now.  First 6 floors is FFTC space and the Tower above is InterContinental.  I wonder if they’ll bring in a different Contractor and/or Crew for the High Rise portion in early next year?

• Like 2