Belk Place: Carolina Theater and Hotel Intercontinental

Andyc545

2 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

A very reasonable 500K for a crane like what is there I believe. They have an operational lifetime of 25 years I believe, so a 500K investment could make at least $6,000,000 in its lifetime.  Also costs 120K to put one up and break one down, so there's quite a bit of upside to the investment.

Jeez. What don't you know dude?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 7:57 PM, KJHburg said:

IMG_5860.JPG

"Tis a pity--it looks like, at least right now--that it didn't occur to anyone, or perhaps was logistically or practically impossible, that the roof of this portion of the old theatre could have been adapted into a nice little mini terrace, with access created either from the extant old building or designed specifically from the new structure...could've been a nice little perk for theatre subscribers or simply paying bar patrons...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CLT @❤️ said:

Who remembers this from a decade ago? 
This site reminds me of a Lionel Ritchie song lol Note the en-suite garage 

213F9BB6-CA88-4F9D-865A-6E18ED3846D9.thumb.jpeg.7c907e6f3c7c6c65caff353b865c1fbd.jpeg

B2F59C74-DFC3-4E48-A26C-51A797B02F89.jpeg

Didn't they advertise a free car with the units at some point? I could have sworn they tried giving away Porches to buyers, but maybe I'm getting confused with the en-suite garages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ertley said:

"Tis a pity--it looks like, at least right now--that it didn't occur to anyone, or perhaps was logistically or practically impossible, that the roof of this portion of the old theatre could have been adapted into a nice little mini terrace, with access created either from the extant old building or designed specifically from the new structure...could've been a nice little perk for theatre subscribers or simply paying bar patrons...

What a fantastic idea!  The Kennedy Center has a great big rooftop terrace and restaurant, overlooking the Potomac River, so you go relax and  have a drink and/or meal outside before the show.  Maybe it's possible to do an upgrade later on?

6 hours ago, ertley said:

The roof is pitched and I think has to be for acoustics. Not sure how they could do this given the extreme effort already taken to restore the theatre 

8 minutes ago, MothBeast said:

The roof is pitched and I think has to be for acoustics. Not sure how they could do this given the extreme effort already taken to restore the theatre 

I wasn't talking about the roof of the theatre auditorium--THAT should be one of Charlotte's newest murals once the hotel (?!!) is completed. I was talking only about the small bay projection of the building with the triple arched windows--as well as possibly the longer area a level lower.

• 2 weeks later...