Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

other

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pats and Colts are the front runners; but the Steelers have been really impressive too esp. with their defense. The 06' Super Bowl Champs hope to rebound from last years disapointment.

The Cowboys look like the early front-runners in the watered down NFC??

Wow the Niners and Packers are 2-0!!! ha

How about that Browns/Bengals game 51-45 with 96 combined points??

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any teams other then the Colts or Patriots?

Dallas looked overmatched last week and I think they are the best the NFC has to offer. Pittsburg? Baltimore? Jacksonville?

If no injuries, it will be Colts vs Patriots in this year's AFC title game.

Is there any teams other then the Colts or Patriots?

Dallas looked overmatched last week and I think they are the best the NFC has to offer. Pittsburg? Baltimore? Jacksonville?

If no injuries, it will be Colts vs Patriots in this year's AFC title game.

The way things are going this year, I gotta change my prediction to the Pats. They have been destroying everyone, and making it look easy in the process. I don't even think the Colts can slow them down, as much as I would like to see it.

• 3 weeks later...

First half of the season usually doesn't tell you who the SB victor is. Obviously the Pats have the best record, but there are other teams out there playing good ball. The Steelers look like a vicious playoff team, and Green Bay looks surprisingly transformed from last year. This seems like the kind of season where some random, unexpected team ends up winning the Super Bowl either because of key injuries to good teams, or fluke playoff victories.

I don't think a team as ever looked as invincible as the Pats do this year. I don't see them losing a game unless one of the following scenarios takes place: 1) week 16, when they have home-field wrapped up through the playoffs, and the put in all their second and third stringers against a decent Giants team, 2) the next time the play the Colts, probably in the AFC championship game again, 3) a bunch of guys get hurt.

A look at the Pat's remaining schedule:

5-5 Philadelphia (blowout)

4-6 Baltimore (blowout)

7-3 Pittsburgh (could be a good one)

2-8 NY Jets (possible score: 105-0)

0-10 Miami (blowout with starters, a win even if they are playing with their backups)

7-3 NY Giants (win with starters, could be a loss if they play with backups)

I don't think a team as ever looked as invincible as the Pats do this year. I don't see them losing a game unless one of the following scenarios takes place: 1) week 16, when they have home-field wrapped up through the playoffs, and the put in all their second and third stringers against a decent Giants team, 2) the next time the play the Colts, probably in the AFC championship game again, 3) a bunch of guys get hurt.

A look at the Pat's remaining schedule:

5-5 Philadelphia (blowout)

4-6 Baltimore (blowout)

7-3 Pittsburgh (could be a good one)

2-8 NY Jets (possible score: 105-0)

0-10 Miami (blowout with starters, a win even if they are playing with their backups)

7-3 NY Giants (win with starters, could be a loss if they play with backups)

If Belichick is at 15-0, he's going for undefeated. He's not gonna throw backups in so close to 16-0.

The Steelers are probably the best to put a dent in on undefeated. Maybe the Giants, if they're fighting for a playoff spot. The Ravens have no offense, but could make a surprise run on N.E. (the Pats lose to someone stupid every year). And why do I have a feeling the Jets game will be a rather nasty affair, and some backup defender is gonna go for Brady?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that it would be a huge loss if Moss were injured at any point. The Patriots made it to the AFC championship last year with Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown as their leading receivers. No Moss, no Welker, no Stallworth. Sure, they've made excellent use of Moss as a deep threat, but I think they could still beat most any team with Moss out of the equation.

And there's no way you bench any starters in week 17 - don't want anyone getting rusty out there.

Archived